Rans S-5 Coyote 1

Old June 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
Brandon

Default Rans S-5 Coyote 1

Hi, my name is Brandon, and I'm new to the plane world. After seeing a
Rans ad in a plane magazine, I searched their website and fell in love
with the Rans S-5 Coyote 1. After obtaining my private pilots license,
I'm going to buy an S-5 kit to build myself. My intentions with this
plane is to fly around my local airport (49A) to other airports close by
and travel to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee on vacation, which is 88.5
nautical miles from 49A. I have two questions. First, are there any S-5
Coyote 1 pilots in the forum, I could use some advice? and question 2,
is there any way I can add a baggage holder behind my seat to carry my
small bag of clothes and personal items for vacationing?

-Thanks, Brandon

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old June 2nd 04, 11:57 AM
JJS

Brandon,

You might want to try posting this question over on
Rec.aviation.homebuilt. I don't know very much about the Coyote, but
I have toured the factory at Hayes, Kansas. I believe Rans has a very
good reputation. It sounds like it would meet your mission objectives
if you want a low and slow "Cub" type of bird for tooling around and
having fun. There may be some Rans forums over on Yahoo? IMHO you
should go ahead and get your certificate and some tailwheel time
before making a final decision on the airplane.

Joe Schneider
8437R

"Brandon" wrote in message
. com...
Hi, my name is Brandon, and I'm new to the plane world. After seeing

Rans ad in a plane magazine, I searched their website and fell in

love
with the Rans S-5 Coyote 1. After obtaining my private pilots

license,
I'm going to buy an S-5 kit to build myself.

snip

Old June 2nd 04, 12:21 PM
Brandon

Thanks for your advice. I will try that. However, I want to get the S-5,
which is the nose gear version of the Coyote 1. The S-4 is the tailwheel
version.