Best place to fly over the Andes between November and January?

Old March 21st 05, 09:23 PM
Matthieu

Default Best place to fly over the Andes between November and January?

I'd like to spend a week (or 10 days maybe) next November - January to
do some flying in the Andes.

Chile, Argentina... what would be the best place to go for some gliding
in the Spanish speaking mountains?

Any particular club or commercial operations that need to be checked
there?

Thanks!

Matt

Old March 22nd 05, 09:58 AM
Denis

Matthieu a écrit :
I'd like to spend a week (or 10 days maybe) next November - January to
do some flying in the Andes.

Chile, Argentina... what would be the best place to go for some gliding
in the Spanish speaking mountains?

Any particular club or commercial operations that need to be checked
there?

look at Jean-Marie Clément's page : http://topfly.free.fr/en/accueil.htm

Not yet updated for 2005/2006, but he certainly will send again a few
gliders to Patagonia at that period, including his Nimbus 4DM

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?
Old March 22nd 05, 05:10 PM
Helen Evans

A five-page feature on gliding from Viticura airfield,
Santiago, Chile,
appears in the S&G that hits the UK streets tomorrow,
March 23rd...

Helen
Editor, S&G
www.gliding.co.uk

Old March 23rd 05, 07:31 AM
Matthieu

Hello Helen,

Thanks so much for your answer. I have a question for you... Can I find
S&G somewhere in Vancouver - Canada? :--)

The Bristish Gliding Association website looks really good. You did a
good job guys.

Have a nice Wednesday.

Thanks,

Matt

Old March 23rd 05, 07:40 AM
Matthieu

Hi Denis,

Merci beaucoup!! I am going to read this website with great interest.

Matthieu