Jantar 48-2 vs Pik20d

Old November 17th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
phil collin

Default Jantar 48-2 vs Pik20d

Jeff Runciman wrote:
Thanks Craig,

I am a bit limited on the types of ships due to Transport
Canada regulations on import. I am going to look at
the PIK20D this weekend. If anyone has any more comments
about the PIK like what to inspect on this glider let
me know. I have the AD's and will be checking the
log books.

Jeff

Purely personal opinion here being a PIK20B Owner and Driver, PIK's Rock
Jantar's don't :-)
The 20D has the sensible mod of Airbrakes which makes it easier to land
then the flapped only B model.
The wing caps are carbon fibre as opposed to the whole spa on the B.
The easiest way to find out if it's right for you is to go fly it.
The aerofoil is laminar flow and doesn't like water.
Apart from that you'll get "A lot of bang for your buck"

--

Phil Collin
Partner Manager

Old November 17th 06, 09:43 PM
Solo Solo is offline
Junior Member

If you are in Canada, you do not have a choice since the SZD 48-2 is not certified in the country.

If the 20D does not work, do not disregard the B model. A lot of them come with carbon spar. They take a little bit of getting used to but, having only flaps is not a problem after a few hour of practice.

I purchased one this spring and see no need for spoilers anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Runciman
Thanks Craig,

I am a bit limited on the types of ships due to Transport
Canada regulations on import. I am going to look at
the PIK20D this weekend. If anyone has any more comments
about the PIK like what to inspect on this glider let
me know. I have the AD's and will be checking the
log books.

Jeff

Jantar Std. 3 [email protected] Soaring 2 March 31st 05 10:50 PM
Jantar 2b at the Cinema :) Janusz Kesik Soaring 2 February 23rd 05 04:33 AM
Two-place Jantar?? Gary Boggs Soaring 7 August 22nd 04 07:14 PM
Jantar Std 3 wanted eR Soaring 1 May 18th 04 05:32 PM
Jantar 2A opinions sought Mark Navarre Soaring 4 November 18th 03 04:33 PM