Air compressor line filters

Old October 15th 03, 02:37 PM
Ed Wischmeyer

Default Air compressor line filters

Who has recommendations for inline filters on the air compressor, for
water and other stuff? And sources?

thanks

Ed Wischmeyer
Old October 15th 03, 02:56 PM
Rich S.

"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message
Who has recommendations for inline filters on the air compressor, for
water and other stuff? And sources?

thanks

Ed Wischmeyer

Harbor Freight currently has their filter/regulator/lubricator unit #45009
on sale at 50% off ($19.99).
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

Rich S.

Old October 15th 03, 03:00 PM
Rich S.

"Rich S." wrote in message
"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message
Who has recommendations for inline filters on the air compressor, for
water and other stuff? And sources?

thanks

Ed Wischmeyer

Harbor Freight currently has their filter/regulator/lubricator unit #45009
on sale at 50% off ($19.99).
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

Rich S.

Oops - checked that link and it doesn't work. Sorry. Just go to
http://www.harborfreight.com/ and enter 45009 under the item number search.

Rich S.

Old October 15th 03, 04:18 PM
Ron Natalie

"Rich S." wrote in message ...

Harbor Freight currently has their filter/regulator/lubricator unit #45009
on sale at 50% off ($19.99).
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

I'd recommend against using any inline lubricators. You're just going to
contaminate things, and a lot of tools which require lubrication are really
picky about what you lubricate them with, so it's better to deal with them
on a item by item basis.

I've got a simple filter/water trap (CH I believe) in my line.

Old October 15th 03, 04:49 PM
Ed Wischmeyer

I'd recommend against using any inline lubricators. You're just going to
contaminate things, and a lot of tools which require lubrication are really
picky about what you lubricate them with, so it's better to deal with them
on a item by item basis.

I've got a simple filter/water trap (CH I believe) in my line.

Simple solution is to not put any lubricant into the filter. What is "CH"?

thanks

Ed
Old October 15th 03, 04:55 PM
Rich S.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

I'd recommend against using any inline lubricators. You're just going to
contaminate things, and a lot of tools which require lubrication are

really
picky about what you lubricate them with, so it's better to deal with them
on a item by item basis.

I've got a simple filter/water trap (CH I believe) in my line.

Agree. You don't need to use the lubricator function of the HF unit (and
probably shouldn't unless it is a dedicated line for one tool. This unit,
though, is so reasonably priced that it beats buying a stand alone
filter/water trap from one of the "big name" manufacturers. Plus- you get
the regulator.

HF also has their automatic compressor tank water drain valve #46960 on sale
for $6.97. That reminds me - it's past time to wheel my compressor outside
and drain the tank. I don't know when that sucker is gonna rust out. It's
thirty years old. I can see coming home from a long weekend and the
compressor has been running all the time I was gone. Either that or the
garage is burned down. d

Rich S.

Old October 15th 03, 05:07 PM
Ron Natalie

"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message ...
I'd recommend against using any inline lubricators. You're just going to
contaminate things, and a lot of tools which require lubrication are really
picky about what you lubricate them with, so it's better to deal with them
on a item by item basis.

I've got a simple filter/water trap (CH I believe) in my line.

Simple solution is to not put any lubricant into the filter. What is "CH"?

Campbell Hausfeld, a maker of inexpensive air compressors and accessories.

Old October 15th 03, 05:16 PM
David D Cowell

The lubricator does not have a filter. It uses a porous material to atomize
the oil and it will plug up quickly if you try to use it as a filter.
Then why pay extra for a lubricator if you don't need it? Just buy a
filter/water trap and a good regulator.

--
David D Cowell

Old October 15th 03, 06:28 PM
Rich S.

"David D Cowell" wrote in message
Then why pay extra for a lubricator if you don't need it? Just buy a
filter/water trap and a good regulator.

Because the filter/regulator/lubricator is on sale for $19.99, and the
filter/regulator is not and is $39.99.

Did you not bother to look at the referenced catalog listing?

Rich S.
"Money - it's always about money" )

Old October 15th 03, 06:54 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Ed Wischmeyer wrote:

Who has recommendations for inline filters on the air compressor, for
water and other stuff? And sources?

thanks

I second the tool lubricator. You definitely need a water filter (sump)
and need to drain the air tank periodically, or it will corrode and can
result in a nasty explosion.

A friend was painting a new RV-8 and was getting fisheye, even though he
had cleaned everything. I suggested that his air supply was contaminated
(it was) and was putting out droplets of oil alnoh with the paint.

He cleaned wverything up and got a nice finish.