OLC broken ?

Old March 19th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default 2K7 OLC Tutorial for the masses?

On Mar 19, 8:24 am, "Mike the Strike" wrote:
I posted my flight on Sunday evening using See You's saved olc file
feature and my flight appeared within 5 seconds.

Nice to get over 12,000 feet in March!

Mike

Mike,
What version of SeeYou did you use?

Dan Rihn

Old March 19th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Mar 19, 10:48 am, "Dan" wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:24 am, "Mike the Strike" wrote:

I posted my flight on Sunday evening using See You's saved olc file
feature and my flight appeared within 5 seconds.

Nice to get over 12,000 feet in March!

Mike

Mike,
What version of SeeYou did you use?

See You Version 3.5

Dan Rihn

Old March 19th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Mar 19, 11:21 am, "Mike the Strike" wrote:
On Mar 19, 10:48 am, "Dan" wrote:

On Mar 19, 8:24 am, "Mike the Strike" wrote:

I posted my flight on Sunday evening using See You's saved olc file
feature and my flight appeared within 5 seconds.

Nice to get over 12,000 feet in March!

Mike

Mike,
What version of SeeYou did you use?

See You Version 3.5

Dan Rihn- Hide quoted text -

I use version 3.4 but I haven't tried uploading to OLC with it this
year. I don't think it will work with the new version of OLC. I
haven't felt the need to upgrade from 3.4, uploading directly to OLC
seems to work great.
Dan Rihn

Old March 20th 07, 09:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

On Mar 19, 10:48 am, "Dan" wrote:

On Mar 19, 8:24 am, "Mike the Strike" wrote:

I posted my flight on Sunday evening using See You's saved olc file
feature and my flight appeared within 5 seconds.

Nice to get over 12,000 feet in March!

Mike

Mike,
What version of SeeYou did you use?

See You Version 3.5

Dan Rihn- Hide quoted text -

I use version 3.4 but I haven't tried uploading to OLC with it this
year. I don't think it will work with the new version of OLC. I
haven't felt the need to upgrade from 3.4, uploading directly to OLC
seems to work great.
Dan Rihn- Hide quoted text -

You should always use the latest version of your software. As problems
are discovered, the vendors make updates, and there is no sense having
problems that are already solved. SeeYou is also testing a beta
version to deal with a strange data transmission issue with the new
OLC interface where "+" signs get corrupted in transmission, causing
validation to fail. This affects C302+ users, but could also randomly
affect anyone if there is a "+" sign in the digital signature.

If your software fails to work, please try direct claim as an
alternate. As noted above in this thread, it is very easy now in OLC
2.0.

You should get an email receipt for your claim with your score when
the server finishes procesing your claim. To receive this email, make
sure your email address is correct in your OLC registration, and
"white list" onlinecontest.org if you are using a spam blocker. The
email will have a link to your claim record--be sure to send this when
you request support since it lets us find your claim immediately. You
can reply to the email, or forward it to your national OLC
administrator for help. The national admin also gets a copy of
notification emails for claims that do not score to alert them to any
problems.

Finally, for those of us in the western hemishpere, we have to be a
little patient. The developers are in Europe, and are usually sleeping
when we are claiming. So if the OLC server has a problem during the
night, we usually have to wait until morning for them to fix it. The
OLC is an all volunteer orginization, and it is not possible to pay
"night operators" to stand by for problems. So if your claim does not
go through right away, go to bed, and check your email in the
morning.

Doug Haluza
SSA-OLC Admin

Old March 20th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Doug Haluza wrote:

You should always use the latest version of your software. As problems
are discovered, the vendors make updates, and there is no sense having
problems that are already solved. SeeYou is also testing a beta
version to deal with a strange data transmission issue with the new
OLC interface where "+" signs get corrupted in transmission, causing
validation to fail. This affects C302+ users, but could also randomly
affect anyone if there is a "+" sign in the digital signature.

If your software fails to work, please try direct claim as an
alternate. As noted above in this thread, it is very easy now in OLC
2.0.

Does that work for CAI files? If so, what is the procedure to be used
when posting such a file? Save as IGC file in SeeYou, then direct post
that? Or just direct post the CAI file? Or something else?

Old March 20th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Mar 18, 5:39 pm, "Dan" wrote:

try this link-http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/segelflugszene/

click on gliding
click and pull down worldwide
click on North America
click on date and pull down the correct date

yup, it's a pain but it seems to work

Not a pain, really easy and it worked fine for me. Thanks for the
tips. Far better user interface than when I last posted to OLC early
2006.

Andy (GY)

Old March 21st 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I tried to make my first OLC claim on Sunday and Monday for my 3/17/07
flight and I must say it's been a hassle. My claim was declared
"validation not successful". I used a GPS-NAV 20. On Sunday, I
converted the .cai file to .igc using AeroExplorer. I then prepared
the claim in SeeYou. I went to the OLC site and tried to upload by
"Prepared Claim". File was not uploaded. I then tried to upload the
claim through SeeYou. No upload. On Monday, I tried the OLC site
"Direct Claim" method and the .igc file uploaded ok but it was
invalid. I then converted the .cai file to .igc using the Cambridge
DOS program. Deleted the previously uploaded file and uploaded the
new .igc file again using "Direct Claim". Still invalid. The .cai file
passed vali-cam.exe with no problem. I emailed support by replying to
the email I received from the OLC Result Notifier but have not yet
heard anything.
Steve

Old March 21st 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Scott

I was uploading files for several people this weekend. The igc files were
from a Volkslogger. I was unsuccessful in submitting the claim directly
thru SeeYou v3.7. I was successful in having SeeYou prepare the claim file
and then uploading it. The first time I tried a couple of them, I got some
long error list screen. I waited a short while and was able to upload
exactly the same file successfully.

John Scott

Old March 23rd 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZL

wrote:
[...]

The OLC requires some special handling for logs from legacy Cambridge
flight recorders (Model 10, 20, and 25). SeeYou (v3.6 or higher) does
that quite easily if you open the *.cai file directly. It will generate
the *.igc file with the *.cai file encoded and appended onto the end.
The prepared claim should definitely work, not sure if the bugs are out
of the direct claim from SeeYou method yet. But you must open the *.cai
file with SeeYou, not an *.igc file generated by AeroExplorer or the
Cambridge DOS program. The details for doing this manually without
SeeYou are found in item 10 on the Help page (Help button is at bottom
right of OLC page).

This is the same process for OLC 2.0 as last year.

Broken P lead? Jim Burns Piloting 16 October 27th 06 08:06 PM
surviving a broken wing Kyler Laird General Aviation 0 August 3rd 06 04:31 PM
Broken window in jet plane Eduardo K. Piloting 17 April 13th 06 10:19 PM
Broken wing Stubby Piloting 27 January 1st 06 03:04 AM
Looking for broken Garmin Larry Goddard Soaring 3 July 5th 04 12:46 PM