A36 Pilot Headroom

Old June 27th 05, 09:49 PM
Nathan Young

I started a thread a week ago on A36 pilot headroom. Unfortunately, I
have come to the conclusion that I do not fit in an A36. Any thoughts
on the 35 series or F33s? Same, better, worse? Any thoughts and
opinions would be much appreciated.

I know they are smaller planes than the A36, but I have found that wrt
to headroom - the only thing that matters is the measurement from the
seat to the headliner, which varies more than you would think from
plane to plane, regardless of overall appearance of cabin size.

Thanks,
Nathan

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:33:16 GMT, Nathan Young
wrote:

I am looking at pruchasing an A36. I am 6'3" with a fair amount of my
height in my torso. I sat in the A36 and found that my head hit the
ceiling, even without a headset.
Anyway, is there any way to adjust the seat height on a 1976 A36? The
present owner did not think so.

Old June 27th 05, 10:05 PM
Robert M. Gary

Don't pay insurance for 6 in a Mooney.

Old June 28th 05, 12:52 AM
Peter R.

Nathan Young wrote:

I started a thread a week ago on A36 pilot headroom. Unfortunately, I
have come to the conclusion that I do not fit in an A36. Any thoughts
on the 35 series or F33s? Same, better, worse? Any thoughts and
opinions would be much appreciated.

I fly a V35 and I would assume that the headroom would be similar to the
A36, due to the fact that the seat sits on the spar and there is no up&down
adjustment for the seat (only forward/backward adjustment for the seat and
rudder pedals).

In the A36, what was the measurement from the seat to the headliner? If I
can remember to bring a tape measure to my aircraft, I will measure this
distance in the V35 for you.

--
Peter

Old June 28th 05, 02:01 AM
john smith

Is the spar on an 33/35 Travelair/Bonanza "smaller/less tall" than that
on an A/B36?
The underlying theory being lower gross weight requires less structure.
Old June 28th 05, 12:48 PM
Nathan Young

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:52:14 -0400, "Peter R."
wrote:

In the A36, what was the measurement from the seat to the headliner? If I
can remember to bring a tape measure to my aircraft, I will measure this
distance in the V35 for you.

My head was just touching the headliner, and I measure 39", so it must
be close to that. I fly a Cherokee now, and have not measured it,
will have to do so the next time I head to the airport.
Old July 1st 05, 12:01 AM
Peter R.

john smith wrote:

Is the spar on an 33/35 Travelair/Bonanza "smaller/less tall" than that
on an A/B36?
The underlying theory being lower gross weight requires less structure.

I honestly do not know but I thought the spar might be similar across
models, certainly given the variety of models affected by the spar web
cracking fiasco that is going on now.

--
Peter