Airplane in Baja???

Old November 10th 04, 11:34 PM
Paul Anton

Default Airplane in Baja???

I am considering a move to Baja. Probably Ensenada. Has anyone lived in Baja
& brought their airplane? If so are there any problems? I had a US
registered plane in Spain many years ago and had no problems there since
there was a reciprocal agreement in force.

Any comments would be appreciated. I am a mechanic so maintenance shouldn't
be a problem if there is a reciprocal agreement in force.

Thanks

Paul Anton

Old November 11th 04, 02:46 AM
David Herman

Don't make us jealous or anything, now, Paul.

You skunk.

--
David Herman
N6170T 1965 Cessna 150E

Old November 11th 04, 04:15 AM
C J Campbell

"Paul Anton" wrote in message
I am considering a move to Baja. Probably Ensenada. Has anyone lived in

Baja
& brought their airplane? If so are there any problems? I had a US
registered plane in Spain many years ago and had no problems there since
there was a reciprocal agreement in force.

Paul, you want to contact the Baja Bush Pilots about this.

Old November 11th 04, 04:27 AM
C J Campbell

"Paul Anton" wrote in message
I am considering a move to Baja. Probably Ensenada. Has anyone lived in

Baja
& brought their airplane? If so are there any problems? I had a US
registered plane in Spain many years ago and had no problems there since
there was a reciprocal agreement in force.

Any comments would be appreciated. I am a mechanic so maintenance

shouldn't
be a problem if there is a reciprocal agreement in force.

Now that I think about it, I think a move to Belize might be better. They
currently waive all import duties on household goods, boats and planes for
Americans retiring there and real estate is much cheaper and less
restrictive than Baja. Also, the official language is English. The
government is stable, laissez-faire, and the place is visually stunning,
with fishing every bit as good as what you would find in Baja. They also
have a strong general aviation tradition.

Old November 20th 04, 04:52 AM
David Lesher

"C J Campbell" writes:

Now that I think about it, I think a move to Belize might be better. They
currently waive all import duties on household goods, boats and planes for
Americans retiring there and real estate is much cheaper and less
restrictive than Baja. Also, the official language is English. The
government is stable, laissez-faire, and the place is visually stunning,
with fishing every bit as good as what you would find in Baja. They also
have a strong general aviation tradition.

And in Belize City, you can watch the Cubbies on one of three cable
channels. [One of which was the PTL club, etc...]

Only minor issue is a relative humidity expressed in scientific notation....
And a fire dept with a 1908 Dennis as its main truck...

At least when I was there; there were 2 Harriers and a squad or two
of Royal Marines. See Guatemala always blustered it was really
Eastern Guatemala, but the military dictators in G. City were no
fools; they'd heard of the Faulkland Islands..
--
A host is a host from coast to