Why don't some add-on A/C work as AI in FS9?

Old February 24th 05, 03:34 AM
bernard spilman

Default Why don't some add-on A/C work as AI in FS9?

I've noticed that a lot of third party A/C (ones that fly
and display beautifully in external views) will not function
as AI traffic. Is this a common problem? With a simple fix?

I have added them all into my A/C database with TTools, and have
been very careful to do all that properly, and have added plenty of
examples of all types of parking (with Afcad) at my test airports.

Anybody had the same problem, and/or have a clue as to a solution?
Thanks.
WS

Old February 24th 05, 06:02 PM
Tom Gibson

Hi,

AFAIK any plane that loads into FS and displays in external view can be
used as an AI aircraft. You probably made some mistake in spelling or
other error that is keeping them from showing up.

However, many flight models (aircraft.cfg and .AIR files) are not
compatible being an AI; a separate AI version may have to be created in
that case.

Hope this helps,

Old February 24th 05, 08:30 PM
bernard spilman

Thanks for the reply,
I've been extra careful to double-check for simple errors, and
I usually copy the AC name fron the "title" line in the aircraft.cfg
file, and paste it into the (decompiled) aircraftXXXXX.txt file for
TTools. I have noticed that many of the planes that do not work
have a comma in the title, could that be a problem?

I've probably just got some of those non-compatible models, though.
Can you recommend tools that a moderately advanced user could use
for an conversion to AI?
Thanks again.
WS

Old February 25th 05, 06:32 PM
Tom Gibson

Hi,

It's unlikely that the comma would make a difference (if FS loads it OK
as a flyable model), but it is an easy thing to test - try removing it
in the aircraft.cfg file and in the aircraft.txt file.

Take care,