Newsgroup problem

Old December 6th 04, 06:35 PM
John T

I just sent a b*tch letter to charter about the newsgroups. They changed
servers about a week or so ago, and now the groups are always messed up,
old messages showing as new (repeatedly), "no such article" messages, etc.

I'm using the same setting and stuff in netscape as I did with their old
servers, so its not on my end.

John

Old December 6th 04, 08:46 PM
Roger

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:16:45 GMT, zatatime wrote:

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:57:08 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

None I have tried came close to the convenience and clarity that OE
provides. I hope Charter can keep its act together.

Have you tried Agent? It's free. Once I took a look at it, I never
went back to OE.

I'll second that although I did not like the limitations of free agent
and bought the full version which is not expensive.

Also, here is a link to a free news provider. May be helpful if
Charter keeps having problems.

Link??

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

HTH.

Old December 6th 04, 09:00 PM
zatatime

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:46:41 -0500, Roger
wrote:

Also, here is a link to a free news provider. May be helpful if
Charter keeps having problems.

Link??

Ooops. Sorry about that.

Link: http://news.individual.net/

It doesn't do binaries, but others have said it's about the best
server out there.

HTH.

(Who also sprung for the full version of Agent.)
Old December 6th 04, 09:08 PM
Morgans

"zatatime" wrote

Have you tried Agent? It's free. Once I took a look at it, I never
went back to OE.

I did play with Agent a little last night. Not bad, and it deserves another
look.

Also, here is a link to a free news provider. May be helpful if
Charter keeps having problems.

HTH.

That link is where? :-)
--
Jim in NC

Old December 6th 04, 11:35 PM

Morgans, on Dec 6, 9:57 am , wrote:

" I'm just going to forget about the missed posts. Too much hassle to
sort
though them any other way. I think I'll live. :-) ":

You can read them using google, www.google.com.

However they are upgrading their user interface so that it is much
harder
than it was last week.

--

Doug C

Old December 7th 04, 12:02 AM
RST Engineering

I didn't mind the limitations of Free Agent, but it kept locking up my ISP
connection every half hour or so. OE hasn't locked up once in the last
month.

Is this one of the "features" that you have to pay to get rid of? I'd hate
like hell to spend the money on a product that did this in the pay-for
version.

Jim

Old December 7th 04, 12:20 AM
zatatime

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:02:34 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

I didn't mind the limitations of Free Agent, but it kept locking up my ISP
connection every half hour or so. OE hasn't locked up once in the last
month.

Is this one of the "features" that you have to pay to get rid of? I'd hate
like hell to spend the money on a product that did this in the pay-for
version.

Jim

I've never had either the free version, or regular version "lock up"
my connection. I have had the converse happen (using most of my
upload bandwidth and Agent struggled to download), but I'd attribute
that more to how cable works and not the software. Not sure what may
have happened to you, but would start by checking the programs set-up,
although it appears to be too late for that.

HTH.
Old December 7th 04, 01:09 AM
John Ammeter

I used to use Free Agent and now use the paid for version.

Never had this experience you describe.

John

wrote:

I didn't mind the limitations of Free Agent, but it kept locking up my ISP
connection every half hour or so. OE hasn't locked up once in the last
month.

Is this one of the "features" that you have to pay to get rid of? I'd hate
like hell to spend the money on a product that did this in the pay-for
version.

Jim

.. .

Newsgroup problem Morgans Home Built 21 December 9th 04 02:30 AM
GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
A problem in the Military ? Nick Jade Military Aviation 54 March 15th 04 07:59 PM
Garmin fixes moving waypoint problem -- almost Jon Woellhaf Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 28th 03 05:29 PM
fatal bird strike StellaStar Piloting 9 July 13th 03 09:41 PM