Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Old January 5th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Old January 5th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Alexey Goldin

Nomen Nescio wrote:
different.
In MSFS, maintain normal climb pitch, and speed, and you will
always climb. Maintain normal descent pitch and you will always
descend. Independent of MSFS "turbulence". Any 10 hr REAL pilot
already knows that this is not true in a real plane.

If this statement about MSFS behavior is true, it is impossible to
simulate soaring flight in MSFS. I have no experience with MSFS --- is
this the case? Never mind simulated flying under cumulonimbus or in
virga --- exactly the case where you do not want to do it for real...

I saw simulated soaring flight in X-plane, so at least some programs
probably do it more properly...

Old January 5th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Peter R. wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:

I missed the center frequencies. To get a good flavor of the east high
and low LA frequenices you would need a volunteer in Barstow and one
somewhere in the Ontario area. ;-)

Is that where their antenna farms or just the facilities are located?

It would be where the remote transmitter/receivers would be located.
(aka "RCO" remote communications outlet.)

I am approximating the location of these two RCOs. Stay tuned.
Old January 5th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Mark Hansen wrote:

On 01/05/07 09:58, Sam Spade wrote:

Newps wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Uh, gee, Einstein, a real rudder DOES control flight path.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

There is never a case where it doesn't change flight path.

Not so. When an engine fails on a multi, a lot of rudder is required.
Skillfully done, the application of a lot of rudder is mandatory to
maintain the desired flight path.

It is changing the flight path the aircraft would have taken had you
not applied the rudder.

That is like saying a localizer changes the flight path on an ILS.
Old January 5th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
mad8

Paul kgyy wrote:
If you want a better feel for what actually goes on than you will ever
get via newsgroup, take a couple of United flights and listen to the
ATC channel - it can be much more entertaining than the movie at times.

i love that "channel". It's really fun being able to say to the person
you're flying with "i can predict the future. Check it out, we're gonna
turn left in about 3 seconds"

just like at work i always listen to the DFW stream...
http://www.caesimuflite.com/atcindex1.html

Old January 5th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ross

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

How does the 172 fly when you pilot it at FL250 yourself?

It can't get up there, the C172 has a service ceiling arount 14,000 ft.

I had mine on a cold day to 14,500 and still climbing at 500 fpm. Forgot
the O2 to go any highter. I just wanted to see how high I could go. I
was in contact with ATC for monitoring. Just a fun thing to do.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old January 5th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ross

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Ross wrote:

It's not a Extra 300 but I had the opportunity years ago to "fly" the
American Airlines Fokker F100 at their DFW training center at full
motion. I thought that was pretty realistic for this general aviation
pilot.

Was that full motion simulator running MSFS? That was the software in
question.

Nope, this was the real multi million $ American Airline simulator in
Ft. Worth Texas at their training center. I do not suspect they you
MSFS. I even had a AA instructor at the computer behind me.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old January 5th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Stewart

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jim Stewart writes:

I have about 150 hours in MSFS and 10 hours
and 5 or 6 landings in a real plane. *Nothing*
in FS prepares you for the instructor shouting..

If your instructor shouts, you need a new instructor.

Airplanes are noisy and students get fixated
on things.

I don't need another instructor, I need to
stop replying to your senseless trolls.

I wonder if Max could even handle the
degree of psychological battering it takes
to become a good real-world pilot.

An instructor who could not keep a cool head would never retain my
business. I have too much experience to tolerate that sort of
misbehavior.

Your abject cluelessness is staggering.

In this case shouting and a cool head
have nothing to do with each other.

I'm done with you. You seem to be reasonably
intelligent yet you seem to have the wisdom
of a 2-year old. Please, please stay away
from real airports and real planes.

Old January 5th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old January 5th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steve Foley

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
et...

Steve Foley wrote:
"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
om...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll feed himself for the night. Teach
a man to fish, and he'll feed himself for a lifetime."

"Build a man a fire, warm him for the night.
Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life."

It's not mine. I stole it from someone, but I don't remember who.