TSA certified CFIs

Old May 18th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default TSA certified CFIs

I just got my response letter back. I am an "Alien Flight Training
Provider"! How about that.

-Robert

Old May 18th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On 05/18/06 10:25, Robert M. Gary wrote:
I just got my response letter back. I am an "Alien Flight Training
Provider"! How about that.

-Robert

Well, you're going to have to move to Roswell ;-)
Old May 18th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I just got my response letter back. I am an "Alien Flight Training
Provider"!

Area 51 Flight Training, L.L.C?
Old May 18th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message news:8Pvag.21759$ZW3.11985@dukeread04...
Every active CFI is required to have taken the TSA course.
It is also recommended that inactive CFIs also take the
course. At flight schools all persons who will deal with
students, from the receptionist to the mechanics take the
training and have the school record to prove it.
All new flight students must prove USA citizenship and that
must be recorded. Non-citizens must pass a TSA/HS
background check before training.

How is this handled for independent CFIs?

Old May 18th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

How is this handled for independent CFIs?

Just the independant CFI must take the test. It actually all works for
ind CFIs its just more confusing. Also, if a student wants to fly with
2 independant CFIs he needs to do his entire background check twice
(once for each and every independant CFI he flys with)

Old May 19th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

The AOPA FIRCs [flight instructor refresher course] is now
including TSA training, In addition, the AOPA on-line has
the TSA course and you can get it directly from the TSA
website.
There is an initial and a TSA refresher.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

".Blueskies." wrote in
message
. com...

Old May 19th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On 16 May 2006 19:17:25 -0700, "Ol Shy & Bashful"
wrote:

All of the instructors at my facility did the TSA training and
"certified" for annual records. We only have a few foreign students but
the boss wanted to get us all under the umbrella. The "training" course
is laughable and simply means you keep bucking it up a level to your
supervisor!!
Not a big deal at all but I resent having to do the paperwork for TSA
and the record keeping that is required "under penalty of law..." Got
it shoved in our faces and stuffed down our throats.
National Identity Card coming next and I have been predicting that for

The national idenity card already exists. It is called the
Standardized drivers license. All states use it except 3 or 4. That
card should be good for eliminating the need for FAA photo licenses as
any one who gets a pilots license is going to need a driver's license
with only a few exceptions.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

20 years now. Some called me nuts and worse and that isn't the end of
my predictions either. Wish I was wrong but my batting average on these
things is nearly perfect to this point.
Rocky

Old May 19th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

The AOPA FIRCs [flight instructor refresher course] is now including TSA training,

But, again this has little to do with the original post of becoming an
Alien Flight Training Provider. Taking the TSA course alone restricts
you to providing training to U.S. citizens only.
-Robert

Old May 19th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

John Lear is Chief Flight Instructor

Old May 19th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

John Lear is Chief Flight Instructor there too.