Another Botched use of runways

Old November 4th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger (K8RI)

Default Another Botched use of runways

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:11:07 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Skunk" wrote in message
. ..

snip

4. The pilots on the ground should notice

What pilots on the ground should notice?

The ones who mistakenly pulled out in front of the landing aircraft?

5. The BRITE display in the cab should paint a weird picture of a weird
approach on radar

Why? Have you ever seen BRITE radar? Have you ever been in an ATCT? Have
you been to an airport?

I do have to admit that on one training flight in actual to Pontiac
(PTK) as I was coming down the glide slope fighting a 90 degree cross
wind that seemed to counter every correction the tower did come on
and ask if I planned on landing on the taxiway, or was I going to use
the runway. I replied I was kinda hoping for the big one on the left
with all the marks painted on it if the wind would cooperate. When we
broke out pretty close to DH I was very close to being lined up. I had
to be with as sensitive as those needles get that low. :-))

OTOH that is more than a bit different than trying to see an airplane
100 feet left or right of centerline from the cab.

snip
Go ahead. Shoot me I am the racist messenger. If it makes you feel better.

No, you're not a messenger, you're just an idiot.

Certainly a bit...aw...never mind.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old November 4th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message

The ones who mistakenly pulled out in front of the landing aircraft?

I saw no mention of anyone pulling out on the taxiway in front of the
landing aircraft.

Old November 5th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger (K8RI)

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 21:38:20 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
.. .

The ones who mistakenly pulled out in front of the landing aircraft?

I saw no mention of anyone pulling out on the taxiway in front of the
landing aircraft.

Neither did I, but that would be about the only one who could see the
landing plane was 100 feet right or left.

Old November 7th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Beede

In article ,
Skunk wrote:

Is it me

Yes.

Can you please pick an email address and stick with it so
I don't have to killfile everyone at your ISP?

Thanks,

Mike Beede

Runway ID Lakeview Bill Piloting 55 October 18th 05 12:53 AM
Disappearing Runways Kyle Boatright Piloting 5 May 26th 05 03:19 AM
Winds on long runways Casey Wilson Piloting 15 July 17th 04 08:35 AM
Extreme Runways JohnMcGrew Piloting 9 October 25th 03 02:57 PM
fs2002 - increase intensity taxiway and runways' lights? Mark Cherry Simulators 0 September 23rd 03 01:08 AM