flying to your initials airport

Old August 10th 03, 06:04 PM
lance smith

Default flying to your initials airport

Has anyone made it a point to fly to the airport that shares its
identifier with your initials? I was thinking it would be neat to find
LAS and do a XC there, but then I realized I have already been there :
(

-lance a smith
aka Mr. McCarran International
Old August 11th 03, 01:09 AM
G.R. Patterson III

lance smith wrote:

Has anyone made it a point to fly to the airport that shares its
identifier with your initials?

There isn't one.

George Patterson
They say that nothing's certain except death and taxes. The thing is,
death doesn't get worse every time Congress goes into session.
Will Rogers
Old August 11th 03, 04:18 AM
Kyler Laird

"G.R. Patterson III" writes:

Has anyone made it a point to fly to the airport that shares its
identifier with your initials?

There isn't one.

By my count, only 13% of the three-letter combinations are covered.

--kyler
Old August 11th 03, 02:19 PM
Brad Z

No airport for me either, but perhaps I could fly over the BRADZ
intersection...

om...

Old August 11th 03, 09:54 PM
Kevin McCue

If you were in the military, you would have discovered that you had 3
"middle initials." You are Givens, Maurice NMI. NMI= no middle initial.

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old August 12th 03, 01:02 AM
Craig Prouse

Has anyone made it a point to fly to the airport that shares its
identifier with your initials? I was thinking it would be neat to find
LAS and do a XC there, but then I realized I have already been there :

Funny, never thought of that before. However, mine is all the way on
the other coast in Rome Georgia. I don't think I'll be going there any
time soon.

That's easy.

CHP is a gravel strip up somewhere around Fairbanks AK.

Old August 12th 03, 01:21 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Craig Prouse said:
CHP is a gravel strip up somewhere around Fairbanks AK.

It's also a VOR in Argentina, "San Martin de Los Andes".

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
God was co-pilot