N502TB insurance update.

Old July 13th 03, 01:42 AM
H. Adam Stevens

Default N502TB insurance update.

My son Austin soloed last Monday 7/7/03.
On his own; His money, his idea; Finish up stuff.
A single 172 missed the microburst onslaught at San Marcos.
His first ride was at 5 in a J3 with his uncle who still has that bird.
He flew my 172, N739CD, Lawton OK to Austin TX at 14 years old.

All bets are off.

I told AIG to send my perfect, two owner, two pilot P Baron to Beech in San
Antonio.
I'll fly her if they fix her.
I'll even keep the bird for another pilot.
You ever try to take a bicycle and a big keyboard and 10 bags of
tostados-and-hot-sauce on an airline?
Let alone a pocket knife? Or my 44.

-idiots-

If AIG won't total the bird to a SIM job she must be fixed correctly.
The airplane deserves it; there were only 433 or so ever.

Art. ----- That's what them P Barons are. Every damned one of them.

She was absolutely incredible alone together over the Rockies.
If you haven't seen the Tetons at FL240 from 140 miles away solo,
I highly recommend it.

H.
N502TB

Old July 13th 03, 03:53 AM
Capt. Doug

H. Adam Stevens wrote in message A single 172 missed the microburst
onslaught at San Marcos.

Congratulations to your son!

How bad was the microburst? I have to pick up one of those damaged planes
next week. I'm told it has 'some cable damage'.

D.

Old July 14th 03, 12:43 AM
Doug Vetter

H. Adam Stevens wrote:
If AIG won't total the bird to a SIM job she must be fixed correctly.
The airplane deserves it; there were only 433 or so ever.

H,

Your ongoing experience with AIG reminds me of what a friend used to say
-- insurance is nothing more than legalized extortion. You pay and you
pay, and then when the time comes for them to pay up, the *******s do
everything in their power to avoid paying you.

Sorry to hear you're still getting the run-around. Please keep the
group informed about how they manage to "make you whole" (and perhaps
more importantly, WHEN they decide to do this).

Our current policy is with AIG. All I can say is that when it comes due
next year I'm going to suggest to the broker that we look to another
company. The cheapest premium ain't worth a damn if they don't cough up
the check when they should. As the other thread suggested, we need to
start voting with our dollars.

Oh, btw, I thought you might get a kick out this. After I made a
comment in your first thread agreeing with you that P Barons are special
and Raytheon should take their head out of their ass and start producing
them again, I noticed I got a hit on my site from an organization within
Raytheon with a reference to that article. Perhaps some one is
listening. But, then again, likely not. We can dream, can't we? :-)

-Doug

--
--------------------
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com
--------------------

Old July 14th 03, 02:16 PM
H. Adam Stevens

"Doug Vetter" wrote in message
H. Adam Stevens wrote:
[...]

I understand RAC quit making P Barons because they were cutting into King
Air sales;
Faster; Cheaper; Maybe not better but just as good for owner-flown service.
H.
N502TB

Old July 15th 03, 03:53 AM
Jay Honeck

How bad was the microburst? I have to pick up one of those damaged planes
next week. I'm told it has 'some cable damage'.

If *that* doesn't scare the crap out of you, I don't know what would!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 15th 03, 04:12 AM
H. Adam Stevens

Imagine transport category aircraft dancing in circles.
Cessnas flying across hangars without damage
Along with hangar doors.
My son is so fortunate one skyhawk survived.
He soloed.........
The guy next to me had no insurance.
I paid thousands to AIG for joke insurance.

Old July 16th 03, 02:54 AM
Capt. Doug

Jay Honeck wrote in message If *that* doesn't scare the crap out of you,
I don't know what would!

I might need a co-pilot. You interested? :-)

D. (They don't call me for the easy stuff)

Old July 16th 03, 03:34 PM
Jay Honeck

I might need a co-pilot. You interested? :-)

No way, Captain!

I like to fly aircraft that have "control surface/cable continuity" (I think
that's how the NTSB phrases that), thanks...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA