Mini Imp

Old December 11th 03, 01:11 AM
Randall Robertson

Default Mini Imp

I have a beta version of the homebuilt Mini Imp if anyone would like a ziped
copy let me know i need some test flying ,,,also i have more planes with 25
more comeing next week on the flight sim page on my web site
www.rigtrash.com feel free to check them out

Old December 11th 03, 06:36 AM
AL

Randall,
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. The GPS and a couple other
instruments aren't there. The plane starts off with a lot of nose up trim
and it has so much power that you have to get right on top of that. Controls
are sensitive, so if you want nice easy landings you have to adjust your
joystick sensitivities. Also, the Imp doesn't really stall, but at stall
speed you can't control it.

--
Al Mills
Wake me before we take off...

Old December 12th 03, 12:59 AM
BigBaldGuy

Thanks working on all that..the plane was easy it's all the flight dynamics
that take a little time to work out

Old December 17th 03, 06:56 AM
AL

"BigBaldGuy" wrote in message
Thanks working on all that..the plane was easy it's all the flight

dynamics
that take a little time to work out

Well, the stall issue is very similar to my ultralight which can be seen
at http://home.comcast.net/~al-mills
It (mine) will stall, nastily sliding towards the lower wing if you stall it
in a turn. In straight and level it won't stall, it mushes and you can
control it. You either have to add power or lean forward a bit to get the
speed back up, preferably before you get to the ground because it will not
flare in a mush.
The biggest issue I had with the imp was the severe nose up default
trim. The second was the pane / instruments not there. The plane flies
really fast and yet lands slowly enough so that's pretty nice. I usually fly
a Cub or something small like that, and I was caught off guard by the
sensitivity of the controls on the Imp. That's overcome-able though.
I do want to thank you and everyone that contributes to all the neat
planes and scenery I can get for my sim.

Al Mills
Wake me before we take off...