NBC news stupidity

Old August 15th 04, 04:53 AM
Robert Murray

Friends don't let friends carry 9s. Definition of a 9mm - .45 set on "stun"

Bob, Deputy Sheriff, Retired
From: Mark Hickey
Date: 8/13/2004 5:07 PM Central Daylight Time

9mm? You heathen!! I carry a 45.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old August 15th 04, 03:11 PM
Vaughn

"Cy Galley" wrote in message

You might express you outrage to this irresponsible act to
I did. Now to sit back and see their spin on the stupidity.

In spite of getting caught with their hands in the proverbial cookie jar,
NBC still felt the need to stir the pot. See their Aug. 13 article here titled:
"FBI: Al-Qaida could use helicopters, limos"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5626850/ .

Which offers the following flight of fancy: "...Helicopters might also be used
to spread chemical or biological agents in the ventilation systems of high-rise
buildings..."

They did not have the professional ethics or common decency to bother
mentioning the 100% relevant fact that they had tried to penetrate a helicopter
operation and failed miserably.

No polite term could possible describe my feelings for NBC right now. I
guess I will just have to settle for "****ing Lying Scumbags".

Vaughn

Old August 15th 04, 03:54 PM
RobertR237

[...]

The media, not just NBC, quit simply reporting the news many years ago. They
are no longer content to simply report, they will stop at nothing to help
create the news when it suits their purpose. I was a personal witness to the
news media paying to instigate a race riot in Houston in the late sixties.
There are many additional examples if you just scratch the surface of our
"news" entertainment media.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 16th 04, 05:14 PM
Harry K

osite (RobertR237) wrote in message ...

[...]

I find it passing strange that I have seen/heard no reports of this
incident by any news agency except for the cite. Couldn't possibly be
that the media doesn't want to point fingers at other media??

Harry K
Old August 16th 04, 09:33 PM
RobertR237

[...]

Not too strange, representatives of all the local media were present and knew
what was going on. A couple of the local anchors received national coverage
from the event and one went on to become a national anchor. Even when some in
the media are caught with their pants down, the other media will effectively
ignore or downplay the event. You will never see any media outlet do an
exposure on another media outfit. It just isn't done.