NASA Astronaut Diaper chick...

Old February 9th 07, 09:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Overlord

Default NASA Astronaut Diaper chick...

Haven't see WX0F in a synoptic in years (Indefinite Ceiling Obscured Zero
visibility in Fog), of course I quit flying in 2001.

They changed it to the current Eurocentric "Metar/TAF" format a while back.
BR = mist???? Egads. Is that French or something? Thank God for computers.
These days I just have it converted to regular English. Took a .297
checkride once where the POI wanted me to read a TAF/METAR. I just laughed
and had the observation/forcast changed to regular language. It was good
enough. A lot has changed since we got our WX off the teletype, hasn't it?

I spent 5 years in USAFE, I've seen WX0F.

I bet that's right!

Cheers!

OL

Old February 9th 07, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JD Cooper

Overlord wrote:
Drove something like 900 miles, wearing a diaper, to kill some other
chick...

She only had like 1500 hours flight time...????

Barely more than the requirement for an ATP...

My 2... Political correctness run amok. An Astronaut with only 1500
hours???? Egads

I bet my paycheck against anybody's that the "Mercury 7" all had WAY more
than any 1500 hours. Moreover, I bet that the males in her class all had way
more than any 1500 hours.

Hell, I had over 6000 hours before I ever flew an airplane with a copilot,
or for that matter an autopilot.

OL

she wears a diaper to drive 900 miles without stopping. question: how
big was the gas tank?

JD

Old February 9th 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang

So true....I asked a nugget not long ago if he knew what BINOVC
meant...remember that? (Breaks in the overcast..) Anyway, times have
changed...just check the calendar!

Old February 9th 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang