Pilot's Political Orientation

Old June 19th 04, 03:23 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"The Weiss Family" wrote in message

In MY OPINION, babies are babies, and gifts from heaven.

That's great, and I respect how you feel.

What bothers me is when people attempt to get their feelings and religious
beliefs incorporated into law so that everyone must abide by them. On any
significant controversial issue today each side has valid points - that is
why the issue hasn't been resolved. Making laws will not resolve anything
and my leaning is to have as little governmental interference (i.e., laws)
as possible.

Old June 19th 04, 04:58 PM
The Weiss Family

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
et...

"The Weiss Family" wrote in message

In MY OPINION, babies are babies, and gifts from heaven.

That's great, and I respect how you feel.

What bothers me is when people attempt to get their feelings and religious
beliefs incorporated into law so that everyone must abide by them. On any
significant controversial issue today each side has valid points - that is
why the issue hasn't been resolved. Making laws will not resolve anything
and my leaning is to have as little governmental interference (i.e., laws)
as possible.

I respect your opinion as well.
Obviously I have strong feelings on this issue, but that is why I prefaced
my response with "all emotions on this issue aside."
I completely agree that this issue will never be resolved.
All of us are (hopefully) good people, and we must all do what we believe to
be right.

Old June 19th 04, 07:23 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Because new-borns require, not only an enormous amount of parental
time for nurturing, but they also require a stable home environment
for decades if a healthy person is to develop, likely, you were
unable/unwilling to provide either at that time, and your leanings
were appropriate for that time in your life.

Who wants to have their offspring born into unfit conditions? Not a
healthy minded person.

Right. Someone should invent something that could prevent conception.

Children are marvelous. However we are not discussing aborting
CHILDREN. Children are already outside the womb. Life inside the
womb is referred to as a zygote, embryo or fetus.

It's all the same. Abortion is murder.

Old June 19th 04, 07:29 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
et...

That's great, and I respect how you feel.

What bothers me is when people attempt to get their feelings and religious
beliefs incorporated into law so that everyone must abide by them. On any
significant controversial issue today each side has valid points - that is
why the issue hasn't been resolved. Making laws will not resolve anything
and my leaning is to have as little governmental interference (i.e., laws)
as possible.

Exactly. For example, it may be your religious belief that it's wrong to
take the life of another human being without provocation. But someone else
may have no such belief. So there should be no law against murder.

Old June 19th 04, 08:26 PM
Teacherjh

It's all the same. Abortion is murder.

Abortion is killing. Killing is not always murder.

Jose

Old June 19th 04, 11:24 PM
Teacherjh

Oh, you mean like the 150+ executions that occurred in Texas while the
current US president was governor of that state?

Killing is not always not murder.

I did not specify which killing was and which killing was not.

Jose

Old June 20th 04, 12:11 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

Abortion is killing. Killing is not always murder.

The overwhelming majority of abortions are murder.