"I'll spend as much of YOUR money as I want!" - Bu$h's Sunday Presidential Address

Old September 13th 03, 01:00 AM
B2431

From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 9/12/2003 5:10 PM Central Daylight Time

"B2431" wrote in message
B2431" wrote in message

snip

No, Dan, a pitot tube includes a static port. A pitot tube is not the same

as a pitot port, such as you are describing.

No, Dan, Henri Pitot's invention includes a static port. The whole purpose
of a pitot tube is to measure both static and dynamic pressure at the

same point.

I have to wonder at a man your age, who can not admit when he is wrong.

So all the Air Force T.Os are wrong as are the CDCs, tech schools, Emory

etc?

No, Dan, you are wrong. Noone calls a pitot port a "pitiot tube without

static port"; it is too long and somewhat stupid. Henri pitot invented the
pitot tube and his definition is still true.

You still haven't named a single case of a "pitot port" nor have you cited

independent source. Every single attempt I have made on Google comes back to
you.

I seldom ever use URLs to prove a point, as they are no more likely to be

correct than a newsgroup consensus. I'll just let you smolder.

I expect a vulgar response, personal attack or an accusation of "not being

there" or lying as is your wont.

You already admitted you didn't remove those pitot tubes on F-4s. I think

Dan's admission that he lied, during this thread, is a step in the right
direction. Walt tried to buy you a vowel, I don't know how the rest of us
could help you.

Tarver, you need help. I said I didn't change the static port on the C-130. The
pitot tubes on C-130s are pitot tubes despite not having integral static ports
and I changed many of them. I take it you consider the pitot tubes on C-130s
"pitot ports?" In that case the -1, -2-5, -2-13 and -4 T.O.s are all wrong. In
case you don't know the -1 is the aircrew flight manual, the -2-5 is the
maintenance manual covering the pitot-static system, the -2-13 is the wiring
diagram which shows the wiring to the pitot tube heater and the -14 is the
illustrated parts break down which includes a picture of the pitot tube, its
part number and CAGE.

The C-130 uses an AN5182 pitot tube. If the pitot tube had static ports it
would be AN5814 and would be a pitot-static tube. If you are clever you can
look those AN numbers up in FedLog or some other source.

Trust me, there are pitot tubes, pitot static tubes and static ports, just no
pitot ports.

The pitot tubes used on some boats to measure speed have no static ports yet
they are called pitot tubes. Check your local marine supply.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Old September 13th 03, 04:00 AM
Tarver Engineering

Old September 13th 03, 04:33 AM

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Dan, when you posted about your F-4 pitot tube experiance, you claimed there
was no temperature probe. At best you are misremembering the F-4 and there
is no reason believe any further memories you might come up with. Static
air temperasture is not an optional datum for jet.

It would seem to me that a man Dan's age would be able to admit when he is
wrong.

Hell John, you're slipping, can't get a rise out of anyone!!...
--

-Gord.
Old September 13th 03, 04:59 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Dan, when you posted about your F-4 pitot tube experiance, you claimed

there
was no temperature probe. At best you are misremembering the F-4 and

there
is no reason believe any further memories you might come up with. Static
air temperasture is not an optional datum for jet.

It would seem to me that a man Dan's age would be able to admit when he

is
wrong.

Hell John, you're slipping, can't get a rise out of anyone!!...

Static air temperature is very basic to how a jet engine works. I am only
trying to understand if Dan is just senile, or a fraud.

Old September 13th 03, 06:01 AM
Jim Knoyle

"B2431" wrote in message
No you havn't Jimmy. The 727 uses static ports on the fuse and not even

single pitot tube. To be a pitot tube, the static port would be part of

the
pitot tube. What you changed was a pitot port, not a pitot tube.

Tarver, there are pitot tubes without static ports on them as on the C-130

and
those with static ports on them, properly called pitot-static tubes, as on

the
F-4E and T-39. There is not now, nor has there ever been, a "pitot port"

on any
aircraft's pitot-static system. Not having a static port on a pitot tube
doesn't make it NOT a pitot tube. Take a look in aircraft parts catalogs

and
see what I mean.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Dan,
Old Splaps has me grinning all the way to the bank. I love the way
he spells out his idiocy in his own words and the way his stance can
change with time just boils down to basic dishonesty. I know you've
noticed.
I particularly like the way he will spell out how the static whatchumacalit
and the pitot whatchumacalit on a 727 are seperate entities, in fact
seperated by many feet, and then I ask what the heck he meant by a
"screened over pitot static port" when he made his statement:
"Well no actually, there is no pitot tube on a 727, only a screened over
pitot static port."
"But thanks for being an idiot once again."
"No pitot tube silly bunny."
"It would be profoundly stupid to put a home for mud wasps on an airplane
flying as much as a 727."
Next question: What to mud wasps have to do with it?

If I were a mud wasp, I wouldn't care what they call the pointy things. :-)
Just warn me before you switch on *Pitot Heat*.
JK (wondering what his fellow engineers think of his dishonesty)

Old September 13th 03, 07:04 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Jim Knoyle" wrote in message

snip
If I were a mud wasp, I wouldn't care what they call the pointy things.

:-)
Just warn me before you switch on *Pitot Heat*.

Yep, pitot heat on a pitot port, but you don't want to throw off SAT.

You blew it long ago Jimmy, when you like Dan didn't know T0 is a
requirement for a jet. So how is the C-150 mechanic business?

Old September 13th 03, 08:20 AM
B2431

Tarver, I said temperature was not derived from the pitot-static system.

You are wrong. Static air temperature is T0 and for a certainty is part of
the static system. Perhaps you ment to say that your airplane experiance is
limited to gasoline engined types.

OK, Tarver, let's see, the pitot-static system on an F-4E consists of a heated
pitot-static tube, a CADC, AAU-39 A/A altimeters (2), VVIs (2), ASIs (2) and
mach indicators (2). Some F-4Es had an air data recorder in the front cockpit.
The only differences between the F-4E's pitot-static system are most aircraft
have neither a CADC nor a mach meter.

The pitot-static tube had a heater to prevent icing. Tell me where you derive
air temperature from this and the above named instruments. How valid would the
temperature derived be anyway? The pitot-static tube's heater is unregulated.
The circuit is as follows C bus to circuit breaker to pitot heat switch to
heater to common. There is no way to get any temperature reading from the
pitot-static system.

The only aircraft I have ever worked on I am not sure had pitot heat was an
O-2. This only because it was a transient and I was working a fuel quantity
problem and really didn't care about any other system.

You have said Henri Pitot's tubes used pitot and static. You are flat out
wrong. He was using water and water doesn't need a static port for what he was
doing: measuring water speed. During his time a few men had flown in hot air
balloons, he had no reason to use a piot tube even if he were involved.

Also you have said all pitot tubes have static ports and those that don't are
pitot ports. You are wrong there too. Look up AN5812, pitot tube, and AN 5814,
pitot-static tube. The AN5812 is used on the C-130 and has no static ports. The
static ports are flush mounted on the fuselage.

As I have said, no one in the world uses the term "pitot" port besides you.

I have proved my case several times and all you can do is call me a fraud or a
liar. I have given you two AN numbers anyone can look up. Even you.

It is evident all you want to do is instigate or you simply are incompetent. I
really don't care. Either way your credibility is shot.

This discussion is closed. You are dismissed.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired