fwd: For Hobbs

Old November 23rd 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_1_]

Default fwd: For Hobbs

Old November 23rd 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch

I had originally meant this to be some ramblings for a small group of
folks, which included the 1-26 Association. It is now public for
everyone though, (Crappy editing job included - free of charge!) which
is the fate of anything that is sent electronically. So here it is, my
ramblings and thoughts that I captured in writing. Let the flames
begin!

-EX

Old November 23rd 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_1_]

Mitch wrote:
I had originally meant this to be some ramblings for a small group of
folks, which included the 1-26 Association. It is now public for
everyone though, (Crappy editing job included - free of charge!) which
is the fate of anything that is sent electronically. So here it is, my
ramblings and thoughts that I captured in writing. Let the flames
begin!

-EX

Mitch,

I'm sorry if I expanded too vigorously on your, "If you like it, pass it
on," comment. I do like it. And I think you have nothing to apologize
for, re editing or anything else WRT to your "ramblings". If the USENET
r.a.s. group are less empathetic with the feelings you express than the
1-26 folks may be, then that is greatly to the USENET group's disadvantage.

As I said to you in a private email, "I'm not sure I agree from a
practical stand point, but then is there is much about soaring which is
not practical -- and that makes it even more valuable to us."

Thanks,
Jack
Old November 23rd 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

"Mitch" wrote in message
ups.com...
So here it is, my ramblings and thoughts that I captured in writing. Let the
flames
begin!

I can't imagine any reason for flames. Thanks for sharing.

Vaughn

Old November 23rd 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

No flames from Littlefield... nor from the other Jack... I liked it a
lot. There was a reason those folks were called the greatest
generation. Their sacrifice is one of the things I am most thankful for
on this day of thanks.

Hobbs should always be "Soaring Mecca". Though TSA, Odessa, Marfa, and
Littlefield should not go unmentioned. New adventures coming this
summer...

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

Old November 23rd 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rustynuts

Is Winter settleing in on you Jack ?

Old November 23rd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Which Jack? Winter is settling in over West Texas, but we'll fly all
year anyway...

Jack Womack
PIK-20B N77MA (TE)

Old November 26th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Elliott

I enjoyed your poignant story about Hobbs and days gone by.
I lived in the area and used to drive on the Lovington highway past the
east/west runway threshold as twin- engined A-20 bombers
made touch and goes. They roared right over your head and scared the
hell out of you if you were not aware of them coming.

A dedicated lurker