Ferry Pilot Down

Old February 16th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

Default Ferry Pilot Down

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:42:50 -0600, Rich Ahrens
wrote:

Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

That is rather strange...

Bertie knows how an airplane files, and not because he read a book.

It takes all types to make a world, but we have to look through the
personalities to make it all work. There are lots of strong
personalities here. Some work ATC, others are current or retired
airline pilots, still others are corporate or ferry pilots, even a few
airshow pilots. They ALL have strong opinions and/or their own world
views. Some are quite tactful, others... not so much.

Spam canners like me can learn from all of them.
Old February 16th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Rich Ahrens wrote:
RL Anderson wrote:
Hi Bertie,

snip
You may be a sim pilot, or a "pattern pilot" or a non-pilot who may
have an interest in aviation. Before you start bitching out guys
like Jay, pull your head out of your ass and understand how
airplanes, and aviation, work.

Bwaaaaahahahahaaaaaa!!!! (my spelling, not Bertie's)

Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

If Bertie had never posted anything at all to Usenet then I would not have
been any the poorer in aviation knowledge. I've not found any knowledge or
advice that was of use to me in any of his posts.

By comparison, Dudley Henriques has posted helpful information and views
that I haven't encountered anywhere else.

And Jay Honeck's postings have been pretty average, from my perspective.
The usual mix of topical and non-topical, self-serving and non-self-
serving. Pretty average Jay, er, Joe.

Lastly you, Rich, seem to be taking pains to attack anyone who dare attack
or posts their displeasure Bertie. Well, here's another target for you.
Old February 16th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Rich Ahrens wrote:
RL Anderson wrote:
Hi Bertie,

snip
You may be a sim pilot, or a "pattern pilot" or a non-pilot who may
have an interest in aviation. Before you start bitching out guys
like Jay, pull your head out of your ass and understand how
airplanes, and aviation, work.

Bwaaaaahahahahaaaaaa!!!! (my spelling, not Bertie's)

Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

If Bertie had never posted anything at all to Usenet then I would not
have been any the poorer in aviation knowledge. I've not found any
knowledge or advice that was of use to me in any of his posts.

By comparison, Dudley Henriques has posted helpful information and
views that I haven't encountered anywhere else.

Hmm.

And Jay Honeck's postings have been pretty average, from my
perspective. The usual mix of topical and non-topical, self-serving
and non-self- serving. Pretty average Jay, er, Joe.

Hmm hmm.

Lastly you, Rich, seem to be taking pains to attack anyone who dare
attack or posts their displeasure Bertie. Well, here's another target
for you.

You like attacking people? That seems a bit, nasty, for want of a beter
word.

Bertie
Old February 17th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
You like attacking people?

Always leave an unpleasant feeling in my stomach when I try it, so I don't
think so. How about you - do you like attacking people?

That seems a bit, nasty, for want of a beter word.

Nasty seems a reasonable term for it. But I suspect it is sometimes a
necessary task, like blowing one's nose or taking a ****.

By the way, you sure seemed to be quick to post a reply. I bet if you got
away from the computer more often you'd be closer to getting your Hatz
done. I seem to recall stumbling across some posts of yours in the late
90's where I think you mentioned working on it back then (or mentioned
something about it).

I suspect you might be annoyed with yourself if, just before your death,
you realized you blew a lot of your spare time posting insulting followups
to mxsmanic that could have been spent finishing that Hatz and flying it.
(That's the best I can do, attack nasty-wise I'm afraid. I get too damn
cerebral.)
Old February 17th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-02-16, Rich Ahrens wrote:
Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

I recognize that he's someone who I would ordinarily listen to with great
respect. Unfortunately, he's lost that respect with his incessant trolling
and incivility. I didn't like dropping him in my killfile...but the group
has been a lot more useful to me since I did so.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old February 17th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
You like attacking people?

Always leave an unpleasant feeling in my stomach when I try it, so I
don't think so. How about you - do you like attacking people?

Nope. Some of 'em just need it, though.

That seems a bit, nasty, for want of a beter word.

Nasty seems a reasonable term for it. But I suspect it is sometimes a
necessary task, like blowing one's nose or taking a ****.

Xactly.

By the way, you sure seemed to be quick to post a reply. I bet if you
got away from the computer more often you'd be closer to getting your
Hatz done. I seem to recall stumbling across some posts of yours in
the late 90's where I think you mentioned working on it back then (or
mentioned something about it).

Yep, been going a long time, but I'm not usually close to it when i'm
posting anyway. and they prolly would object to me filing and bandsawing
in ops.

I suspect you might be annoyed with yourself if, just before your
death, you realized you blew a lot of your spare time posting
insulting followups to mxsmanic that could have been spent finishing
that Hatz and flying it. (That's the best I can do, attack nasty-wise
I'm afraid. I get too damn cerebral.)

Oh that'd be a good one.

Bertie

Old February 17th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Jay Maynard wrote in
:

On 2008-02-16, Rich Ahrens wrote:
Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

I recognize that he's someone who I would ordinarily listen to with
great respect. Unfortunately, he's lost that respect with his
incessant trolling and incivility. I didn't like dropping him in my
killfile...but the group has been a lot more useful to me since I did
so.

Oh well, easy come...

Bertie
Old February 17th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John[_2_]

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:41:06 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Jay Maynard wrote in
m:

On 2008-02-16, Rich Ahrens wrote:
Are you really idiotic enough to not recognize the amount of aviation
experience and knowledge he has demonstrated here?

I recognize that he's someone who I would ordinarily listen to with
great respect. Unfortunately, he's lost that respect with his
incessant trolling and incivility. I didn't like dropping him in my
killfile...but the group has been a lot more useful to me since I did
so.

Oh well, easy come...

Bertie

************************************************** ****************************

Bertie

Good riddence of bad rubbish. Put him in your Mx file.

Check him out on Google to get a feel for his background.

He is known as the "Tron" guy in the TX VHF-FM Society.

There is a large Amateur Radio group here in TX that wouldn't p**ss on
him if he was on fire.

Big John
Old February 17th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Big John wrote in
:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:41:06 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Jay Maynard wrote in
om:

*
*******

Bertie

Good riddence of bad rubbish. Put him in your Mx file.

Check him out on Google to get a feel for his background.

He is known as the "Tron" guy in the TX VHF-FM Society.

There is a large Amateur Radio group here in TX that wouldn't p**ss on
him if he was on fire.

Ah, OK. I don't really pay too much attention to people who flame me.
Except to laugh at some of them, of course.
I also never killfile anyone.
I yam what I yam what I yam, sez popeye the sailor man.

Bertie

Old February 17th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-02-17, Big John wrote:
He is known as the "Tron" guy in the TX VHF-FM Society.

Not just in the FM Society, but all around the net. See
http://www.tronguy.net for more.

There is a large Amateur Radio group here in TX that wouldn't p**ss on
him if he was on fire.

And to see why, check out http://www.gangofthree.info. Basically, they tried
to ram through a bylaws change in the FM Society in violation of the
existing bylaws in a blatant attempt to seize control, and I helped expose
the scheme and put a stop to it. They've paid me back by slinging mud ever
since. They can't answer my arguments with any substance, so they just hurl
insults.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Buy Hercules stuff at http://www.cafepress.com/hercules-390

Mustangs of Old, concluded - US-WAF Ferry pilot Florene Watson.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 December 30th 06 03:53 AM
F4U-5 ferry range [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 January 31st 06 04:02 AM
An EAC ferry to Red Flag Maurice Hendriks Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 05 11:04 PM
Ferry Permit? Mackfly Soaring 7 March 9th 04 02:23 AM
Ferry Pilot Needed Seattle to Dallas Flynn Owning 2 September 10th 03 02:31 PM