Just when you think you've seen it all...

Old January 23rd 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Just when you think you've seen it all...

For those who might be feeling a bit jaded, or as if they've "seen it
all before", I submit:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...d-bat-suit.wmv

:-)

See all of the aviation videos we've collected he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm

(This page is expanding exponentially -- I received five new video
donations just this morning!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 23rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
For those who might be feeling a bit jaded, or as if they've "seen it
all before", I submit:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...d-bat-suit.wmv

:-)

See all of the aviation videos we've collected he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm

(This page is expanding exponentially -- I received five new video
donations just this morning!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I wanna try! I wanna try! Looks like fun.
Michelle
Old January 23rd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Been there! Done that! NOT.

Looks like fun... :^)

The Monk

Old January 23rd 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Requirements:
Asbestos Nikes
Adult diaper
Possibly a LOT of beer

Jim

oups.com...

Old January 23rd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Oh, Do tell...

Al

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Been there! Done that! NOT.

Looks like fun... :^)

The Monk

Old January 23rd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

OH MY GAWD!

Dave waiting in line behind Michelle!

D.

Old January 24th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Wow. Just... wow. That guy must be Wiley Coyote's stunt double? Flying
squirrel impersonator? Was his equipment from ACME? I gotta know...

Thanks for that Jay, unbelievably funny stuff!

Wooly

Old January 24th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote
See all of the aviation videos we've collected he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm

\
I was looking at a few of the videos, and I noticed something odd about one
of them.

You have one labeled P-38 starting as a Corsair taxies by. I thought, why
is the P-38 starting both engines at the same time? I have never seen a
twin do that; must be hell on a battery. Then I noticed that the Corsair
going by has his prop turning at about the same speed as the P-38. That is
odd. His engine must be running, as nobody is towing him. Then it occurred
to me. The camera must have had a very fast shutter, and what appeared as
the twin starting, is also happening to the Corsair prop; they are both
running at idle, and the camera is nearly stopping the prop, but rapidly
enough that it looks as they are turning slowly.

You might want to re-label that video. g
--
Jim in NC

Old January 24th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You might want to re-label that video. g

Yeah, that's what happens when you take low-res video with a Canon digital
camera. The shutter speed is actually too SLOW, not too fast, and it messes
with the prop rotation.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 24th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I wanna try! I wanna try! Looks like fun.

Isn't that amazing? I mean, can you imagine the freedom, having jets on
your boots?

Dang, you gotta admire the guy. What a nut.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA