All good for two more years.

Old January 27th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default All good for two more years.

I gotta get mine done! Man! I'm been procrastinating. I'm turning 40
this feb 15th. Sheesh! I gotaa get a move on...

The Monk

Old January 27th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Do you (now that you have been operated your inn for awhile and have
hosted smokers) understand why I (and my family), as dog owners, will
NEVER stay in a hotel that doesn't allow us to have our pet in a
non-smoking room? I'm sorry that there are some people whose animal
allergies are so bad that a thorough cleaning of a room after a dog has
been in there isn't sufficient. But there is no way for me to be
comfortable in a room in which smoking has been permitted.

I understand fully. I just can't find a way to make everyone happy.

One thing we've got that really works is a VERY expensive commercial ozone
generator. We run that thing in our smoking-permitted suites after each
guest, and you won't smell smoke in those units after it has been run for as
little as 30 minutes.

Trouble is, if you bury your face into the couch cushions, or the mattress,
the smell is still there. It just can't be eliminated entirely -- and
neither can pet dander.

Difference is, one bothers some people, while the other makes some people
incredibly ill. Both are awful.

Do you offer "No Nuts" rooms. Some people go into shock if somebody has
eaten a peanut butter sandwich in the room. (Hmmm are they the nuts?)
Old January 27th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I gotta get mine done! Man! I'm been procrastinating. I'm turning 40
this feb 15th. Sheesh! I gotaa get a move on...

Welcome to "middle age". Life is good here!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 27th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
J.B. = 45
2 years for old farts.
Montblack
46 next Friday ...happy birthday to me!

I see, what's the cut off age? Which next Friday, tomorrow?

The Monk

You have to take the exam before your 40th birthday to get
3 years (from that exam). I got one whopping 3 year renewal
between the time they changed to rule and I turned 40.
Old January 27th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thanks, Ron and Montblack too. I better get a move on.

The Monk

Old January 27th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I quit 30 years ago. In the beginning I had to consciously separate
various activities from cigarets, such as having a cup of coffee without
having to have a cigaret, etc. As time went on it got easier and easier.
At some point I stopped thinking about it and don't miss it anymore. So
I hope the same happens with you. Then you'll be the biggest smoking
critic there ever was! Good luck!

Jay Beckman wrote:

...just give me more
amunition to keep being an ex smoker!

Jay

Old January 27th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article t5hCf.735401$_o.263844@attbi_s71,
Jay Honeck wrote:

I despise smoking, and am appalled to say that most smokers are slobs. No
one does more damage to our property, I can't stand what smokers do to our
hotel, and I can't stand the way I stink when I get home from a bar full of
smokers.

I am also a convert. I had gone down to half pack a day of Lucky Strikes
before quitting cold turkey before moving to a new house I did not want to
smell like an ashtray like the former one.

I now can detect a smoker 3 blocks aways and HATE being downwind from
a smoker. I drop my clothes in the washing mashine every time I get back
from a public place where people smoke and hate the smell.

Yet -- despite all that -- sometimes I REALLY want a smoke. Still.

yup. want the cigarrete. not the smoke.

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | "World domination, now"
Old January 27th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Eduardo K. wrote:

I now can detect a smoker 3 blocks aways and HATE being downwind from
a smoker.

After smoking for 30 years, I can't smell much at all.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 27th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I gotta get mine done! Man! I'm been procrastinating. I'm turning 40
this feb 15th. Sheesh! I gotaa get a move on...

Welcome to "middle age". Life is good here!

Speak for yourself. g

Mine went to hell at 40, staring with a botched gall bladder surgery that
put me in the hospital for 7 days, and nearly caused my death, and two back
surgeries that have failed to relieve my pain.

Some middle age is good, some, not so much.,;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old January 27th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Welcome to "middle age". Life is good here!

Speak for yourself. g

Mine went to hell at 40, staring with a botched gall bladder surgery that
put me in the hospital for 7 days, and nearly caused my death, and two back
surgeries that have failed to relieve my pain.

Some middle age is good, some, not so much.,;-)

Sorry, Jim. You're right, if you don't have your health, you've got
nuthin'. And that's true for EVERY age.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA