Which DC Headphone is best choice?

Old June 23rd 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Which DC Headphone is best choice?

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:06:56 +0200, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Paul,

hen I noticed I'd forgotten to turn on the
ANR. Once it was on, problem solved.

Ah, score another point against ANR gd&r.

Since I'm getting swayed towards ANR do any of the cheaper sets have a
problem when wearing glasses or do the ear seals accommodate?

I'm now looking at:

Marv Golden MG-ANR
Marv Golden Golden Eagle
Lightspeed QFRXCC
Avshop A450 ANR

Further usefull comments appreciated.

David
Old June 23rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Some of you folks should have marketing jobs with the ANR headset
manufacturers. I'm not saying that ANR is a bad thing, but it's
certainly way, way, way over-hyped and the benefits are greatly
exaggerated.

Maybe we just disagree with your view/experience. No reason to throw
out personal insults (being accused of being a marketing type certainly
counts ;-)). And no reason to use words like "certainly" where it
certainly ain't certain.

Until I see documented proof that there are "safety" or medical
benefits, the over-hype in those regards surely is certain.

JKG
Old June 23rd 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jonathan Goodish wrote:

Not really. Radio position reports are often missing, or they are
simply incorrect as pilots don't give accurate position reports. I
NEVER rely on radio position reports for anything.

I really like when you call someone who just gave a position report for
more detail or clarification, and they never answer. G

Just recently, I heard someone give MY exact position, including
altitude! Three unanswered requests later, I finally visually picked
them out on the opposite side of the airport. They meant 4 miles EAST,
instead of 4 miles WEST. Boy, did I sit up and take notice when I heard
their call.
Old June 23rd 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jonathan,

Until I see documented proof that there are "safety" or medical
benefits,

Well, in my view, a documented reduction in overall noise (including
higher frequencies) compared to only passive headsets is plenty enough.
And that proof exists in abundance. What would you be satisfied with?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 23rd 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Since I'm getting swayed towards ANR do any of the cheaper sets have a
problem when wearing glasses or do the ear seals accommodate?

I'm wearing glasses with relatively thin wire frames - no problem with
that. Don't know about thicker frames.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 24th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

hen I noticed I'd forgotten to turn on the
ANR. Once it was on, problem solved.

Ah, score another point against ANR gd&r.

Since I'm getting swayed towards ANR do any of the cheaper sets have a
problem when wearing glasses or do the ear seals accommodate?
Further usefull comments appreciated.

Keep in mind that with ANR, if you do not get a good seal with the
earcups, the ANR will produce unusual results.
Old June 24th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I wear glasses with thin wire frame, LS 30-3G/LS25XL no problems. If you
turn your head at an unusual angle (with or without glasses) you will get
some noise, but you need to contort your head to break the seal.

I'd still look at the DRE60000 on a price performance basis. The headsets
inc people have built their own EM-1 for about $399, but this is getting up
in price.

Cheers,
kevin

news

Old June 25th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote

Batteries are an inconvenience,

So are you, with your continued arguing about nothing.

Plonk! Again!
--
Jim in NC

Old June 25th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Read the ANR specs carefully for the frequencies/range that is
attenuated and by how much.
eg... Headsets Inc says 18-21 dB at 250 Hz.
Old June 25th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Morgans" wrote:

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote

Batteries are an inconvenience,

So are you, with your continued arguing about nothing.

Plonk! Again!

I'm so glad that you were able to step in and provide some constructive
information for everyone.

JKG