compaq 3850 weirdness

Old August 3rd 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default compaq 3850 weirdness

Today when I went flying, my Ipaq had a wonderfully blueish white
screen...................to my horror, when I landed it had somehow
turned to a reddish-pink screen.

Can't seem to find any menu items that might help me restore to the
"default" background color and the manual does not seem to cover that
subject either.

I guess I can live with the color, but am stumped as to what happened,
and can I change it back to blue!!

TIA,
Brad
Old August 3rd 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

On Aug 3, 12:36*am, Brad wrote:
Today when I went flying, my Ipaq had a wonderfully blueish white
screen...................to my horror, when I landed it had somehow
turned to a reddish-pink screen.

Can't seem to find any menu items that might help me restore to the
"default" background color and the manual does not seem to cover that
subject either.

I guess I can live with the color, but am stumped as to what happened,
and can I change it back to blue!!

TIA,
Brad

Brad,

Have you tried a soft reset?

If all ese fails, I would try the following and then reload the
required software if a hard reset was needed.

Mike

http://pocketpccentral.net/help/ipaq38xxreset.htm
Old August 3rd 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303

..

Can't seem to find any menu items that might help me restore to the
"default" background color and the manual does not seem to cover that
subject either.

I guess I can live with the color, but am stumped as to what happened,
and can I change it back to blue!!

TIA,
Brad

If all ese fails, I would try the following and then reload the
required software if a hard reset was needed.

Mike

Brad, please, no reinstalling programs. Just-
tap Start
tap Settings
tap Today
tap Default (I think you will find that 'Fire' has been selected.)

then go back to the beginning,
tap Start
tap iPAQ Backup
under file find your storage card
tap Backup
tap Start

Old August 3rd 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

That did it!

Was able to find and do the back up after getting home last night.

Thanks!,
Brad

On Aug 3, 6:08*am, brianDG303 wrote:
.

[...]

tap Start- Hide quoted text -

Garmin/Avidyne OBS weirdness Ron Garret Instrument Flight Rules 1 March 5th 08 09:44 PM
Citation Weirdness Charles Talleyrand Piloting 3 June 29th 07 01:08 AM
KAP140 Autopilot Weirdness Brien K. Meehan Owning 18 September 11th 06 07:06 PM
KX-155 weirdness kontiki Owning 3 September 7th 06 04:33 PM
GPS WEIRDNESS Instrument Flight Rules 5 March 18th 05 06:33 PM