Dodged it *AGAIN*!

Old March 30th 04, 10:19 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Dodged it *AGAIN*!

Got the latest AD on the Lycoming O-540 in the mail the other day --
indigestion time once again. They have now expanded the "oh-crap" news to
a whole bunch more O-540 owners.

The Feds are worried that some of the zinc-coated Lycoming crankshaft gear
retention bolts could fail -- which would be a potentially catastrophic
problem.

Luckily -- and it really is just sheer luck -- my engine was rebuilt in 2002
by a shop that used exclusively Superior (rather than Lycoming) parts -- so
my gear retention bolts don't fall under this new AD.

Man, that's THREE times I've dodged these O-540 ADs, thanks to our decision
to use only Superior parts...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 31st 04, 12:54 AM
Stu Gotts

Isn't it amazing that the feds will come down on some poor slob who
uses regular foam in his seats and let the big guys do what ever the
hell they want?

Old March 31st 04, 02:57 AM

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:54:54 -0600, Stu Gotts
wrote:

Isn't it amazing that the feds will come down on some poor slob who
uses regular foam in his seats and let the big guys do what ever the
hell they want?

Please clarify. The last time I checked the "big guys" had to test
burn an entire cushion assembly under controlled conditions in
addition to using the "right" materials.

But the cabin insulation is a different story...

TC

Old March 31st 04, 02:02 PM
Stu Gotts

Unfortunately most individuals that respond with this type of question
are proven to be unable to think out of the box. This could be either
due to a great fear that their livelihood may be taken away from them
by the Nazi's if they dare use what intelligence they have to
interpret regulations on their own merit, or because they choose not
to use any intelligence that God has given them and continue to exist
wearing blinders. But, the last category are those who like to troll
a subject. Since the Toenailcuttter has regularly posted many great
contributions to this forum, I suppose he's just trolling, since he
knows exactly what was indicated in my post.

Old April 1st 04, 11:25 PM
Jim Carter

So, can you come down off your pedestal long enough to answer the question
Toe-Cutter asked, or were you just rambling again?

--
Jim Carter
Seen on a bumper sticker:

"Stu Gotts" wrote in message
Unfortunately most individuals that respond with this type of question
are proven to be unable to think out of the box. This could be either
due to a great fear that their livelihood may be taken away from them
by the Nazi's if they dare use what intelligence they have to
interpret regulations on their own merit, or because they choose not
to use any intelligence that God has given them and continue to exist
wearing blinders. But, the last category are those who like to troll
a subject. Since the Toenailcuttter has regularly posted many great
contributions to this forum, I suppose he's just trolling, since he
knows exactly what was indicated in my post.

clipped for brevity

Old April 2nd 04, 12:02 AM
Stu Gotts

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:25:46 GMT, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

So, can you come down off your pedestal long enough to answer the question
Toe-Cutter asked, or were you just rambling again?

Not rambling at all. If you can't figure out what I was saying,
forget about it.