Future carrier names

Old November 27th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Default Future carrier names

Bill,

Polling data shows that currently serving USN sailors respect Bill Clinton as a president more than our sitting prez by a rather wide margin. Polls show that servicemen who were in the military while Clinton was president favor Bill over George W. by an even _wider_ margin.

Can you provide us a link or a researchable reference to this polling data?

--
Mike Kanze

"In the age of globalization, every world citizen owns a piece of the rest of the world's bad habits."

- Debra J. Saunders, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE (9/21/2007)

[rest snipped]

Old November 27th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Bob McKellar[_2_]

"Greasy Rider" wrote in message

"Bill Baker" wrote in message

Polling data shows that currently serving USN sailors respect Bill
Clinton as a president more than our sitting prez by a rather wide
margin. Polls show that servicemen who were in the military while
Clinton was president favor Bill over George W. by an even _wider_
margin.

Please post source of this data......

--
USMC Airdale 55-61

While you're searching, look up Truman's poll numbers. I'm sure HE'LL never
get a carrier!

Same goes for that Lincoln guy. Many in the military detested him as well.

Bob McKellar

Old November 28th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent norris

And not to forget, USS JOHN F. KENNEDY (CV-67) was known as "Big John,"
which drew a few snickers as the extra-curricular exploits of its
namesake gradually became public knowledge.

Heck, JFK's exploits were well known around Washington long before the
keel of CV-67 was laid. In fact, he had that reputation while still a
senator.

I first heard about his "accomplishments" in 1960, from a friend who was
a Washington journalist.

vince norris
Old December 3rd 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Please post source of this data......

No one should hold their breath waiting for the claimant to post anything supporting his assertions.

--
Mike Kanze

"Have you ever felt like your patron saint is a man named Murphy?"

- Anonymous

"tankfixer" wrote in message k.net...
In article ,
says...

"Bill Baker" wrote in message

Polling data shows that currently serving USN sailors respect Bill Clinton
as a president more than our sitting prez by a rather wide margin. Polls
show that servicemen who were in the military while Clinton was president
favor Bill over George W. by an even _wider_ margin.

Please post source of this data......

I'd be curious to see it too.
Few that I knew during the his administration neither liked NOR
respected the man.
Old December 5th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Tiger

J.P. wrote:
Year 2010. President Hillary Clinton names CVN-78 after William J. Clinton.
Year 2025. President Chelsea Clinton names CVN-85 after Hillary R. Clinton.

Oh, God No......
Hopefully We will ditch the current Political grandizement & get back to
True Naval Names. Battles & ships of old.

Old December 5th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Hopefully We will ditch the current Political grandizement & get back to True Naval Names. Battles & ships of old.

Would that we could. Only trouble is that "battles & ships of old" don't appropriate ship construction funds, while politicians do.

Airport Names john smith Piloting 19 July 13th 04 12:17 PM
Any New Names for the F-35? robert arndt Military Aviation 54 June 29th 04 04:17 AM
Good to see some old names! Jason Soaring 0 September 12th 03 08:58 AM
Airport names Wally Samuelson Piloting 15 August 16th 03 01:59 AM
changing names Idrmitch2 Simulators 0 August 8th 03 03:26 AM