Swift Boat Cowards For Bush: Are They Going To Sink John Kerry?

Old September 8th 04, 03:37 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

There was no waiting list.

And a middle schooler like yourself would know this because...?

The waiting list was hundreds long.

You wouldn't know.

Old September 8th 04, 02:53 PM
Eris

On 8 Sep 2004 04:54:03 GMT, Ian MacLure wrote:

Eris wrote in
:

[snip]

Guard Association of Texas, was quoted in the press as stating: 'There
were definately waiting lists. There wasn't any question about
that.'..

But were they waiting to make the six year commitment including
2 1/2 years on full time active status required of pilots?
Funny you've never answered this one simple question.

IBM

Yes they were, as I answered before, they were waiting for the Air
force to open some slots for them to send men to Basic Training.
There were no slots available at that time. If you were alive then,
you would have a completely different perspective of this whole era.
Eighteen months of full time commitment was nothing compared to 12
months of hell.
Old September 8th 04, 03:30 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Eris" wrote in message

Yes they were, as I answered before, they were waiting for the Air
force to open some slots for them to send men to Basic Training.
There were no slots available at that time.

There were four available pilot slots in the 147th FIG in 1968.

Old September 8th 04, 04:25 PM
B2431

For Bush: Are They Going To Sink John Kerry?
From: Eris
Date: 9/8/2004 8:50 AM Central Daylight Time
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:50:44 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Eris" wrote in message
. ..

http://www.smmirror.com/volume5/issu...s_duty_and.asp
Says that Bush went ahead of 500 men on the 147th Fighter Group
waiting list. The only reason that there were four postions open, was
that they could not get any Air Force Basic Traing slots. for the
people on the waiting list.

Do your own google search.

I DID my own Google search. That's how I learned there were four openings
for pilots in the 147th Fighter Group that year.

And why were there four openings with a 500 man waiting list. Why were
there four openings with everyone trying to get into a National Guard
Unit to avoid going into combat.?

Did it ever occur to you that if there really was a list of 500 trying to get
into TANG that many, if not most, wouldn't be applying for pilot duty and those
that were may not have met basic qualifications?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old September 9th 04, 03:24 PM
OXMORON1

Steve McNicoll wrote in part:
There was a waiting list at Group level only due to a difficulty in getting
slots in basic training. That "difficulty" couldn't have been too bad, as
the USAF managed to close a basic training base in late 1968.

What USAF basic training base was that?

Rick Clark
Old September 9th 04, 03:39 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"OXMORON1" wrote in message

What USAF basic training base was that?

Amarillo AFB. Lackland AFB became the sole USAF basic training base in 1956
when Sampson and Parks AFBs were closed. In early 1966 there was an
outbreak of meningitis at Lackland, so in February the Air Force diverted
incoming recruits to Amarillo for training. It was supposed to be just a
temporary measure, but due to the influx of trainees for the Vietnam
buildup, Amarillo continued basic training until December 1968.

Old September 9th 04, 03:53 PM
OXMORON1

I asked about the USAF training base closed in '68:
What USAF basic training base was that?

Steve replied:
Amarillo AFB. Lackland AFB became the sole USAF basic training base in 1956

snippage..
In early 1966 there was an
outbreak of meningitis at Lackland, so in February the Air Force diverted
incoming recruits to Amarillo for training. It was supposed to be just a
temporary measure, but due to the influx of trainees for the Vietnam
buildup, Amarillo continued basic training until December 1968.

Thanks, I should have remembered that. A high school classmate of mine died
during basic ( meningitis) about that time.

Rick Clark

Old September 10th 04, 05:22 AM
B2431

For Bush: Are They Going To Sink John Kerry?
From: Eris

Seriously I would vote for Mc Cain in a heartbeat. I and half of
America would like to see the Pat Roberstons, Jerry Fallwell and
whatever fundamentalist Jews there are in the Whitehouse, out of the
Whitehouse for good.

ZOG?

Interesting footnote. Twenty, thirty years ago the Christian
Fundamentalist hated all Jews with a passion, now they love them with
a passion. What happened?

They grew up.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired