Recommended websites for posting student IGC files?

Old June 13th 19, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Recommended websites for posting student IGC files?

Crosscountry.aero is in my opinion the best online analysis tool and online logbook. You can choose between the free subscription to a paid one with more functionality.
I am surprised no one mentioned it and why it is not more popular.
OLC is the best sharing tool.

Ramy
Old June 13th 19, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 10:57:15 PM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:
I put the club on soaringlab.eu and signed up for the PRO version. FlarmView has a menu option to download flights to the PF USB. Don't see that on Butterfly - the glider has both displays.

At the end of day I can capture the IGCs from FV menu and upload to soaringlab.eu.

When I have time I can use the flight sheet to identify the pilots.

George - on Butterfly, push the button to bring up the menu. Move to "FLARM". Scroll down to "Download IGC". Push button. File downloads to USB. Shows a bar filling up. Takes a couple of seconds depending on the size of the file. Not documented in the last manual I downloaded, unfortunately.
Old June 13th 19, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Hi Dan,

It's been about 7 years with the Butterfly that I didn't spot that. Good work!
Old June 14th 19, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I also found a new to me feature on the butterfly display for Powerflarm core, if you hold down and turn the display knob it changes the range of the display from my config file default of 6 miles to 4 or 2 miles. I had previously thought it only was adjustable thru the config file
Old June 14th 19, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

The range is configured in the powerflarm.
Turning the knob in the butterfly display just zoom in and out.
Other more advanced displays and flight computers also have the option of changing the range.

Ramy