Another deposit into the "Cool Dad" bucket...

Old July 4th 05, 11:59 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:51:13 GMT, SHIVER ME TIMBERS
wrote:

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

I'd be afriad some of those stick-jockeys might want to date her - and
we all know how pilots really are. hehehe

Well as long as they don't want her to join the mile high club on
company time don't sweat it.

lol.. Me and a co-worker were discussing that earlier today. We're
both of the school of thought that unless you're doing the pilot,
you're not a member. Then we figured we'd never be members 'cuz it's
way too busy to even be thinking about sex in a helicopter.

I actually shuddered at the thought of "doing a pilot" for a second there
Kev. Being a mysoganist an' all:-)

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)

Old July 5th 05, 12:01 AM
Beav

"Steve R." wrote in message
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news

As she's landing, she's verbalizing what I'd said on the 1st landing
and damned if she didn't set the thing down by herself!

She can't flay accurately and can't even come close to hitting her
target when she lands, but she can be in the sim for an hour and not
"crash" a single time. granted it's nothing like the real thing, but
still it's impressive.

Be careful, Kevin, you're liable to be working for her some day! :-)

It's funny you should say that Steve!!. Me and my son.. well....

Old July 7th 05, 01:37 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:59:14 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

lol.. Me and a co-worker were discussing that earlier today. We're
both of the school of thought that unless you're doing the pilot,
you're not a member. Then we figured we'd never be members 'cuz it's
way too busy to even be thinking about sex in a helicopter.

I actually shuddered at the thought of "doing a pilot" for a second there
Kev. Being a mysoganist an' all:-)

I'm pretty sure that wasn't an invitation there Beav...

wipes forehead in relief

Thank feck for that then :-))

Old July 7th 05, 01:42 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:57:37 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

One year when we were on holiday at our place in Sweden, my (then) 10 year
old son showed some interest in the RC heli's, so I connected him up to
the
transmitter (in a tray around his neck) gave him the "This stick does
this,
that stick does that" thing and took off with his hands covering the
sticks.
Then I told him to take over anf cuk me, he bloody well did. My missus was
totally dumbfounded when I waled away from him, leavinghim flying 2 grand
worth of gear. (UK money too, it's REAL money at 2'5 dollars to the pound
in
those days)

Hey, it's STILL real money... 3 kids make every fargin' penny REAL
money...

I try not to spend any these days, and I WAS getting pretty good at it, 'til
I saw this here motorcycle:-)

He flew in an absolutely perfect hover, landed, took off, flew up the
field,
turned it round and flew it nose in back to himself, then landed (yes, I
know, ********!! , but he did and I've still got the pics the misus took
on
display at home)

Do share 'em.. I still can't hover nose-in worth a damn, even with
hundreds of hours on RealFlight G2...

If they weren't glued to a large montage I would, but I'll try to get a
photo of the mntage and get it to you. I've no idea how to post things to
the web thingy. I used to "have a man who did" but I've not been in touch
with him for many a week.

He didn't fly again until he was 14, when I got him a heli for Christmas
that year and by the beginning of February he was flying inverted figure
eights and inverted nose in hovers were "nothing" to him, plus he was
already walking out to help guys who were struggling to cope with their
new
toys. He also flew a glider when he was 10 and he did pretty good at that
too, but then of course, girls and cars. The rest, as they say... :-)

Thankfully, I'm about 5 years from girls and cars with my son.. Now
my daughters.... I'm gonna need to get a new shovel and a bigger
shotgun.

Check out the videos on www.compfused.com There's one on there called (I
think) "Shovel smack" or smething similar. Watch it with the volume turned
UP. If it doesn't make you jump, *I'LL* make you jump somehow:-)) Then show
it to any prospective beau that comes-a-callin'. That should keep 'em in
line.

Well for 5 minutes anyway:-))

Old July 8th 05, 03:49 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 01:42:07 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

If they weren't glued to a large montage I would, but I'll try to get a
photo of the mntage and get it to you. I've no idea how to post things to
the web thingy. I used to "have a man who did" but I've not been in touch
with him for many a week.

Love to see 'em...

I'll see what I can do. It'll probably be a photo of the montage with as big
a lens as I can get on my digi cam.

[...]

It took some digging, but I found it 30-some pages deep... The sound
is hilarious!

I want that for a screensaver:-))

Check out the "Flying Low" video. Completely inept pilot or what???

Is that the guy who flies under a bridge inverted and then has to shove his
eyeballs through his canopy to clear the "obstacle" on the other side? If
so, I've seen it maybe what? 100 times :-)) Either a very good pilot or one
with unfeasably large testicles and a contrasting sized brain.

Old July 10th 05, 02:08 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:49:57 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

I'll see what I can do. It'll probably be a photo of the montage with as
big
a lens as I can get on my digi cam.

I want that for a screensaver:-))

I went to bad with that "clang" ringing in my ears last night...

Check out the "Flying Low" video. Completely inept pilot or what???

Is that the guy who flies under a bridge inverted and then has to shove
his
eyeballs through his canopy to clear the "obstacle" on the other side? If
so, I've seen it maybe what? 100 times :-)) Either a very good pilot or
one
with unfeasably large testicles and a contrasting sized brain.

Helicopter crash.. Pick up, lots of drift, poorly executed takeoff
with some tree trimming by the mains, then the tail rotor then a
folding of the tailboom and a rollover..

Ohhh, the guy who'd never had a lesson in a heli but thought he could fly
one. I know that one too:-) thankfully it was his own machine and no-one got
hurt.

Reminds me of the test pilot for Bell aircraft when Arthur Young built the
first of his heli's and the test pilot mentioned that he didn't see any
point in a seat belt. After he'd picked himself up off the floor some 20 ft
from the heli after being bounced out of the seat and then travelling along
the length of a blade, I reckon he had a re-think about THAT idea

Old July 12th 05, 10:26 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:08:42 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Ohhh, the guy who'd never had a lesson in a heli but thought he could fly
one. I know that one too:-) thankfully it was his own machine and no-one
got
hurt.

Nope, not that one - but that guy is definitely in the top ten
"Jackass" list..

Reminds me of the test pilot for Bell aircraft when Arthur Young built the
first of his heli's and the test pilot mentioned that he didn't see any
point in a seat belt. After he'd picked himself up off the floor some 20
ft
from the heli after being bounced out of the seat and then travelling
along
the length of a blade, I reckon he had a re-think about THAT idea

Are you sure that wasn't the Bell exec who insisted he be able to give
it a try? Just watched a show on Arthur Bell the other night..

Could have been and probably was, but it's been a long time since I saw the
video/show, so I claim my 5 dollars anyway:-)