Looking for Instrument Rating Examiner in Colorado

Old November 2nd 05, 03:45 AM
Bubba

Default Looking for Instrument Rating Examiner in Colorado

I am looking for an examiner for my instrument checkride. Height
preferably under 6 feet and under 200 pounds. Must not be afraid to
ride in an experimental aircraft. Front range location.

Anonymous for personal reasons
Old November 2nd 05, 04:12 AM
Bill Zaleski

Call your local FSDO. They are required to find such an examiner for
you, or they must provide an FAA inspector who will administer the
practical test.

Old November 2nd 05, 03:56 PM
Bill

You might try Robert Ehlinger at APA.

303 796 9632

I've him to be very flexible, very fair and professional.
You will learn a lot if you do a checkride with him.
Also a hell of a stick.

Bill Hale Loveland CO

Old November 2nd 05, 04:26 PM
Bill Zaleski

They are required to serve the flying public with a practical flight
test, if an airworthy aircraft is provided, or find someone who will.
FAA Order 8710.3D states that the applicant shoule not have to wait
more than 7 days or travel more than 100 nautical miles for a
practical test.

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:59:31 -0600, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote:

I don't think they are required to in an experimental. If they are do you
have a cite?

.. .

Old November 2nd 05, 04:36 PM

Glen Endsley at APA is also real good. I had my checkride with him the
first of September. You can get his number from Aspen Flying Club.

Old November 2nd 05, 04:40 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

The reason I stated this was wording in the FAA 7162 exemption.

"The FAA has also allowed, at the discretion of the examiner, the use of an
experimental aircraft during a practical test."

http://members.eaa.org/home/govt/exemptions/7162.pdf

Page 6 of the document is where the above quote can be found.

wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote:

I don't think they are required to in an experimental. If they are do you
have a cite?

. ..