Tomahawk, a good buy?

Old September 12th 10, 09:15 AM
Chrisdt Chrisdt is offline
Junior Member

Smile Tomahawk, a good buy?

I might need the advise of some of the more experienced pilots on here for this one. I recently saw a Piper Tomahawk on bidbuyandfly.com selling for 110 000 ZAR, or more or less $16000 US. I have 72 hours in total, 42 of them on a 152. How does the Tomahawk compare? I have heard a lot of stories about the Piper Tomahawk. Would this be a good buy for the price advertised? Please advise!!!!
Old November 18th 10, 03:00 AM
mbrosch mbrosch is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdt View Post
I might need the advise of some of the more experienced pilots on here for this one. I recently saw a Piper Tomahawk on bidbuyandfly.com selling for 110 000 ZAR, or more or less $16000 US. I have 72 hours in total, 42 of them on a 152. How does the Tomahawk compare? I have heard a lot of stories about the Piper Tomahawk. Would this be a good buy for the price advertised? Please advise!!!!
You don't want a Tommy Hachet. I flew them when they first came out and the school where I worked took a big loss just to get rid of em. The Cessna 152 is an honest trainer but the Tomahawk was a bad idea from the beginning. Now that Piper has changed hands several times its also an orphan.
I'm not jokeing when I say I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.

Tomahawk, a good buy? Chrisdt Owning 3 September 30th 10 10:56 PM
Piper Tomahawk pilot realtor in Florida Owning 3 November 26th 07 08:12 AM
Tomahawk/ Skipper W P Dixon Piloting 46 November 18th 05 06:43 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM
Are these Tomahawk Engines? Peter Strong Military Aviation 9 April 8th 04 01:41 PM