A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Aviation Marketplace
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Tomahawk, a good buy?

Old September 12th 10, 09:15 AM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Sep 2010
Smile Tomahawk, a good buy?

I might need the advise of some of the more experienced pilots on here for this one. I recently saw a Piper Tomahawk on bidbuyandfly.com selling for 110 000 ZAR, or more or less $16000 US. I have 72 hours in total, 42 of them on a 152. How does the Tomahawk compare? I have heard a lot of stories about the Piper Tomahawk. Would this be a good buy for the price advertised? Please advise!!!!
Old November 18th 10, 03:00 AM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Nov 2010
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdt View Post
I might need the advise of some of the more experienced pilots on here for this one. I recently saw a Piper Tomahawk on bidbuyandfly.com selling for 110 000 ZAR, or more or less $16000 US. I have 72 hours in total, 42 of them on a 152. How does the Tomahawk compare? I have heard a lot of stories about the Piper Tomahawk. Would this be a good buy for the price advertised? Please advise!!!!
You don't want a Tommy Hachet. I flew them when they first came out and the school where I worked took a big loss just to get rid of em. The Cessna 152 is an honest trainer but the Tomahawk was a bad idea from the beginning. Now that Piper has changed hands several times its also an orphan.
I'm not jokeing when I say I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.