Moswey lll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 19, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Alchin

Default Moswey lll

Hi Guy's, I do not fly full size gliders but an avid R/C flyer/builder currently building the Moswey lll in 1/3 scale size and have a question that you may be able to answer.

My question concerns scale fidelity in so far as pictures of the full size in my opinion clearly show the tail flying surfaces as being stitched and pinked tape covered ?

I do believe some sailplanes I suspect aerobatic as is the Moswey used this now dying art method but I can not find any literature to support this conjecture added to which my fellow R/C scale nuts in the UK don't believe I am correct.

I also found a picture that looks as if there may also be stitching on the underside of the wing from the root rib out to the beginning of the ailerons.

Any information you may have preferably confirming my comments I would appreciate

FYI scale modeler's only simulate stitching on their models

Eagerly awaiting confirmation I can use for an ego trip!

David Alchin AKA Da Glider Guy