Celeb Sitings at FBO's

Old January 30th 04, 06:37 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Ben Smith" said:
How often do you guys see celebrities, or otherwise famous people at your
FBO? A few months ago, I was at MSN, and saw a Gulfstream pull up and it

I saw Rudi Guilliani and Hillary Clinton arrive at Prior Aviation in
Buffalo on the same day when they were both campaigning for the Senate. I
talked to Patty Wagstaff in Rochester as she was clearing customs.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
QUOTE OF THE DAY:

`
Old January 30th 04, 06:37 PM
Ben Smith

Default Celeb Sitings at FBO's

How often do you guys see celebrities, or otherwise famous people at your
FBO? A few months ago, I was at MSN, and saw a Gulfstream pull up and it
ended up being Joe Francis (Girls Gone Wild video founder). He was doing
some filming on the UW Campus that night, and there were about 4 camera guys
in his entourage. I had only recognized him because I saw an E channel
story about him the night before...

Others around MSN said they used to see Chris Farley often, back when he was
alive and well. (His hometown was Madison)

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

Old January 30th 04, 08:06 PM
Larry Fransson

On 2004-01-30 10:37:30 -0800, "Ben Smith"
said:

How often do you guys see celebrities, or otherwise famous people at your
FBO?

I saw Evander Holyfield at Signature in Minneapolis a few years ago. We
had flown some people in from Atlanta the previous day for the NFC
championship game, and were waiting for them to return from the game for
the trip back to Atlanta. As it turned out, he was waiting for them as
well, and he returned to Atlanta with us.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA
Old January 30th 04, 08:17 PM
Ron Natalie

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message ...

I saw Rudi Guilliani and Hillary Clinton arrive at Prior Aviation in
Buffalo on the same day when they were both campaigning for the Senate. I
talked to Patty Wagstaff in Rochester as she was clearing customs.

We used to see Patty regularly. Of course she hangared her plane at our
airport. Ran into Jack Nicholson in the waiting area at Hawthorne Dulles
once.

Old January 30th 04, 09:29 PM
C J Campbell

We see them fairly regularly. We have had Kid Rock, Alice Cooper, Girls Gone
Wild, Bill Gates, Paul Allen, John Nordstrom, etc. At Oakland we used to see
Al Davis quite frequently, Robert Redford, Liz Taylor, Bill Cosby's wife,
etc.

Usually we "site" celebrities somewhere between the ramp and the bathroom.

Old January 30th 04, 09:37 PM
Jay Honeck

We get to see Big Ten (and other) football and basketball coaches regularly.
Most of these guys make more than a mil a year (not counting Nike
endorsements), and travel with an entourage like rock stars.

We met C. Everett Koop, former "Doctor General" (or whatever they're called)
of the U.S., at the airport. He's just as funny looking in person as he
was on TV.

A couple of years ago we waited over an hour in the Warbird Section at
Oshkosh, because the crowd was abuzz with word that Tom Cruise was coming in
his P-51 Mustang. My son (age 10 at the time, and a HUGE "Top Gun" fan)
just about cried when we finally gave up and left -- it was, of course,
nothing but a false rumor.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 30th 04, 10:38 PM
Jeff Franks

Isn't it funny how every group of people have their own celebrities? Patty
Wagstaff can go to Walmart and not be recognized....except the walmart in
OSH around the end of July.

I was standing in line for a KISS reunion concert a few years back in
Nashville. Turned around and standing right behind me was Hoot Gibson (at
the time he'd just retired from the Astronaut Corps). Well, I stood there
and talked to him for several minutes and then had to explaing to everyone
who he was (no one else was as intrigued as me

oh well.

It was more fun than meeting hillrah.

. ..