NASM Udvar-Hazy no.1

Old September 3rd 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Chak[_2_]

Default NASM Udvar-Hazy no.1

"Bill Brown" wrote in message
. ..
Well, we're back home from traveling and camping to get the kids back in
school, so....

This is the "new"-still unfinished National Air & Space Museum near the
Dulles Airport - Manassas/Chantilly, Virginia. A "must see"!

My son and I photographed those exhibits that were interesting to us in
June of '08.. We had a mono-pod, 2 in-expensive digitals and one analog
camera, hence the color and quality variations in the photos and some
fuzzy
ones that I thought should be shared anyway..... The lighting on the
exhibits are not always 'conducive' to good photography with the equipment
we brought with us.

This one is hanging from the ceiling as you walk in. I think this is a
Curtiss something-or-other. Maybe the P-1 USAAC but who knows the USMC
designation??
--
William M. (Bill) Brown
seneo-pro

Boeing FB-5 Hawk

Old September 3rd 08, 01:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bill Brown

[...]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Can't remember no.3.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	28497
Old September 3rd 08, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bill Brown

"Chak" wrote in message

"Bill Brown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks for that, Chak!
--
William M. (Bill) Brown
seneo-pro

Old September 3rd 08, 08:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Chak[_2_]

"Bill Brown" wrote in message

"Chak" wrote in message

"Bill Brown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

No problem, thanks for the pictures. I really want to get Udvar and see all
that stuff in person, my brother said it's awesome.

Old September 3rd 08, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Bill Brown

"Chak" wrote in message

"Bill Brown" wrote in message

"Chak" wrote in message

"Bill Brown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Your brother spoke the truth! Udvar-Hazy is more impressive than the
downtown D.C. NASM. When & if they get the restoration facility there, and
if I am still breathing, I'll try to make another run east! The "powers
that be" are still working on the Marine Museum just south of D.C., too...
William M. (Bill) Brown
seneo-pro