FSgenesis scenery--help please

Old March 16th 04, 03:38 AM
Twilson

Default FSgenesis scenery--help please

I bought Rocky mountains, east and central USA, grand canyon, and west coast
and used the automatic install. I really don't know if I have them or not.
They are not in My Addon scenery folder. I don't know where to look. Any one
else have this problem? Thanks

Old March 16th 04, 04:30 AM
Don Parker

Twilson wrote:
I bought Rocky mountains, east and central USA, grand canyon, and
west coast and used the automatic install. I really don't know if I
have them or not. They are not in My Addon scenery folder. I don't
know where to look. Any one else have this problem? Thanks

Fly down the Grand Canyon, and if it looks 10X better than the default, you
have them.....
You may be confusing mesh, which is what you added for higher
geometric/altitude resolution, with "scenery". It doesn't appear in the
addon scenery folder. You'll have MUCH nicer hills, valleys, mountains,
etc., but no added detail for cities, etc.....
Cheers'n Beers... [_])
Don

Old March 16th 04, 06:36 AM
Twilson

Thanks for all of your replies. This really does make sense. Is there any add
on scenery that will make towns and some of their buildings and airports more
realistic?

Old March 16th 04, 03:39 PM
Don Parker

Twilson wrote:
Thanks for all of your replies. This really does make sense. Is there
any add on scenery that will make towns and some of their buildings
and airports more realistic?

Tons of it! Go to someplace like avsim.com and look under FS2004 scenery,
plus there's lots of payware available. You can start with something like
pwover15.zip for better water effects.

Old March 16th 04, 08:39 PM
Don Parker

here's a screenshot of the water effects I mentioned. Was buzzing around
Seattle this afternoon, and thought this was a great view...
http://www.cox-internet.com/tazman/seattle.jpg

Old March 16th 04, 09:44 PM
John Ward

Hi Don,

I think you were right!

Regards,
John

Old March 18th 04, 01:27 AM
Twilson

I think I do have it as the Grand Canyon looks great. Is there any setting
that will prevent the scenery from just "popping" into view as you fly toward
it. It is pretty non-realistic the way this happens.

Scenery Library-FS 2004 Dave Schwartz Simulators 1 January 1st 04 05:19 PM
Advice re FSGensisi Europe scenery Steph Simulators 4 December 2nd 03 05:05 PM
Thoughts: FS2k2 scenery John Penta Simulators 1 November 2nd 03 09:44 AM
Scenery problem Owleyes Simulators 2 October 27th 03 03:25 AM
MS FS 2002 Pro - scenery accuracy and the VFR UK scenery Gary Simulators 4 July 15th 03 03:34 PM