MegaScenery 2004-New York

Old March 19th 04, 02:26 PM
Dave Schwartz

Default MegaScenery 2004-New York

Anyone buy this add on. I did and am kind of disappointed. I almost feel
that the original scenery was better.

--
Dave Schwartz
Commack, NY

Old March 19th 04, 08:36 PM
Jon Silk

I agree. The SoCal scenery was only decent over the Mojave desert and that
was where it cut off. I think apart from the poor quality of the satelite
images it also suffers because the developers seem to have a fixation with
urbanised areas. The US has spectacular scenery and what did we get? - the
biggest urban sprawl imaginable and in such poor quality you can't recognise
any landmarks properly.

I might have been interested in Northern California if it covered Yosemite,
but.......

"Tina Fisher" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:26:06 GMT there was darkness, "Dave Schwartz"
floated above the darkness and said :

Anyone buy this add on. I did and am kind of disappointed. I almost

feel
that the original scenery was better.

I did not buy it ... I see no point in getting low-res satellite
photography for a metropolis ... was terribly disappointed by their LA
scenery ...

Swiss Pro showed how good photo scenery is made, with high-res aerial,
not satellite shots!

megasenery is only good for high altitudes, but NY? naye ...

rather get the Manhattan Scenery at Aerosoft!

Tina
--
Elaine Dickinson: "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope
you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. --- By the way,

Old March 20th 04, 12:45 AM
Kevin Darling

"Dave Schwartz" wrote in message et...
Anyone buy this add on. I did and am kind of disappointed. I almost feel
that the original scenery was better.

I've only had it for a few minutes. I was not impressed with a lot of
it, and it's too bad it only has only Winter and Summer.

However, for the first time I was able to follow the road from
Greenwood Lake airport over to my house about ten miles away. It was
pretty realistic, notwithstanding the blurry view below 3,000 feet.

So, for flying out the boondocks it's pretty okay. Much, much more
better as a trainer (I'm a student pilot) than the usual fake stuff
that's always wrong.

Kev
Old March 20th 04, 04:18 AM
me @ comcast

FYI , not detailed city scenery but good mesh scenery . and free. do a
search on avsim,flightsim or simviation for 'rob gainer'. or yahoo or
google. very easy install too :-)

om...

Old March 20th 04, 04:23 AM
George Lewis

you can't be serious!

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:18:38 -0800, "me @ comcast" me @ comcast
wrote:

FYI , not detailed city scenery but good mesh scenery . and free. do a
search on avsim,flightsim or simviation for 'rob gainer'. or yahoo or
google. very easy install too :-)

"Kevin Darling" wrote in message
. com...

. net...

Old March 20th 04, 04:32 AM
me @ comcast

just passing some info,take it for what it's worth.

wrote:

[...]

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old March 20th 04, 05:15 AM
Arthur Alspector

Flew over eastern Canada, over Quebec City and on to Montreal. Lots of
little bridges.....no buildings, no landmarks, nada. Good thing I was
flying IFR or I would never have known I was over Montreal, one of the
largest cities in Canada.

FS2000 was somewhat better in that department. I've made myself feel better
by admitting I enjoy the ATC more than the scenery, so I'll just sit back
and relax about it.

wrote:

[...]

---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption
=---

Old March 20th 04, 06:08 AM
John Ward

Hi Tina,

OK, I'll call you shortly, then:

Regards,
John
"Tina Fisher" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:23:14 -0500 there was darkness, George Lewis
floated above the darkness and said :

you can't be serious!

I am serious! And stop calling me Shirley