VOR ranges on sectionals

Old April 19th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default VOR ranges on sectionals

On Apr 17, 8:16 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
I made a flight from Phoenix to Dallas. I spent several WEEKS
planning that puppy. It takes a lot of guessing and stressing out of
the flight. I offhandedly asked my instructor if everyone did this.
He said "I do".

Do you at least archive all your plans so that you can make the trip again
with a minimum of preparation?

Yep. Notebook's right here on the shelf.
I don't get to make that many big trips, so it's sorta special.

Old April 21st 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 18, 6:52 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Yep. Notebook's right here on the shelf.
I don't get to make that many big trips, so it's sorta special.

Interesting. But isn't there a risk that much of your well-laid plans will be
screwed up by weather or ATC?

Sure. But weather's part of the planning. If the weather hadn't
looked to be within my capabilities, I wouldn't have gone, or I'd at
least have delayed. If you REALLY have to be there, drive or go
commercial. I even told the folks at work to be prepared for me being
a day or more late back.

ATC wasn't likely to keep me from getting to my selected airports.
But I did have plans for alternates just in case something went
haywire.

Old April 21st 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

writes:
I made a flight from Phoenix to Dallas. I spent several WEEKS
planning that puppy. It takes a lot of guessing and stressing out of
the flight. I offhandedly asked my instructor if everyone did this.
He said "I do".

Do you at least archive all your plans so that you can make the trip again
with a minimum of preparation?

Yep. Notebook's right here on the shelf.
I don't get to make that many big trips, so it's sorta special.

Interesting. But isn't there a risk that much of your well-laid plans will be
screwed up by weather or ATC?

Yeah, you can never tell when the weather is going to move a VOR or
obliterate an airport.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

The wind was high enough at some points that I thought it WOULD move
the airport.

USS Enterprise acft working Florida Ranges [email protected] Naval Aviation 1 March 13th 07 02:28 PM
sectionals for contests BB Soaring 17 January 23rd 07 06:54 PM
B-17 wreck site - Owen Stanley Ranges PNG Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 10 January 4th 07 04:07 PM
Sectionals Simulators 1 July 21st 06 12:45 AM
roland radar around the Nellis ranges miso Military Aviation 15 September 22nd 03 11:17 PM