Check Six!

Old February 21st 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Check Six!

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

My guess is that it's that bit of rubber that's protecting the axle...I
think
the mount is "bouncing" a bit. The effect is not really visible with the
old
camera when it was mounted atop the tail, where there isn't any rubber
involved.

Gonna try to protect the axle with nylon or wood, instead.

My guess is that it is not the rubber, but instead, the axle flexing.

Try mounting the camera on the axle over far to one side, right next to the
axle support, and see if you still get the "bounce." Use the rubber and
everything else just the same, for a control.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 21st 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Barnyard BOb" wrote

You are always welcome...
just not in this world.

That was my response, in the silent film version.

P.S.
What's with the goatee? === {;-)
If it's respect yer after...
Hahahaahahhaaaa.

That wasn't a goatee, but a pointed chin, made so from laughing so hard! ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old February 21st 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

He gave me a 1949 Crosby radio that I play
my radio classics thru and there's something about the smooth sound that
tube
radios give that's hard to beat. Nothing better then Burns and Allen or
Jack
Benny on a cold winter night.The lights are low and the Shadow comes on or
Suspense spooks ya. The new TV shows pale compare to them oldies us oldies
like

My son is a bit of a high-tec audio video buff, with majors in these areas.
He tells me that some high end systems are starting to include a couple
tubes to get rid of the "tinny-ness" of all digital sound recordings and
playbacks.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 22nd 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich Ahrens

Barnyard BOb wrote:
Rich Ahrens wrote:

My DVD collection is totally of the great silent days.
Talkies and color are for you young chatty whippersnappers.
Distracts from the plot, ya know!

DVDs? That's at least two or three generations of technology too recent
for you, Unk.

Not a problem, Rich.
The kids and grand kids gladly handle these chores for me.

P.S.
No way will I let them near my Victrola/Gramaphone collection.

Yeah, that might **** Gramma right off...
Old February 22nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich Ahrens

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:33:58 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:

Barnyard BOb wrote:
Bob, Bob, Bob. Have you been to a nickelodeon in the past, oh, eighty years?
The motion pictures are in color now, and the music and the actor's words are
actually heard at the same time.
My DVD collection is totally of the great silent days.
Talkies and color are for you young chatty whippersnappers.
Distracts from the plot, ya know!

DVDs? That's at least two or three generations of technology too recent
for you, Unk.

When BOb says "DVD", he's referring to "Dichroic Viewmaster Disks."

Ah, all is clear now!
Old February 22nd 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:07:04 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:

Barnyard BOb wrote:
Rich Ahrens wrote:

My DVD collection is totally of the great silent days.
Talkies and color are for you young chatty whippersnappers.
Distracts from the plot, ya know!
DVDs? That's at least two or three generations of technology too recent
for you, Unk.

Not a problem, Rich.
The kids and grand kids gladly handle these chores for me.

P.S.
No way will I let them near my Victrola/Gramaphone collection.

Yeah, that might **** Gramma right off...

If y'all ever make it to Bellingham, Washington, there's the American Museum of
Radio and Electricity. Basically, two ex-Microsofties who liked to collect old
electronics set up a museum. Absolutely great place if you like old technology
(and who doesn't :-).

http://www.amre.us/site/index.html

Anyway, on one of my visits, they actually cranked up a Victrola for us.

I was floored. Not only was that beast LOUD, the quality was surprising good,
too. Oh, of course, not as good as something from the '50s or so, of course.
But for NO electronics, just a wiggling needle and a really, REALLY big horn, it
did pretty well.

Thought I saw BOb's initials scratched on the bottom... :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 22nd 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:40:58 -0800, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

Got a new mini video camera for Christmas, had to build a new mount to fit it on
the Fly Baby:

You can see it just to the left of the centerpoint of my axle...

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/BF_POV.wmv

Check out the lennies on Mt. Rainier!

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 22nd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Morgans says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

He gave me a 1949 Crosby radio that I play
my radio classics thru and there's something about the smooth sound that
tube
radios give that's hard to beat. Nothing better then Burns and Allen or
Jack
Benny on a cold winter night.The lights are low and the Shadow comes on or
Suspense spooks ya. The new TV shows pale compare to them oldies us oldies
like

My son is a bit of a high-tec audio video buff, with majors in these areas.
He tells me that some high end systems are starting to include a couple
tubes to get rid of the "tinny-ness" of all digital sound recordings and
playbacks.

Interesting ,I never noticed it until I had my satellite radio on playing thru 3
radios in the house.Two were newer solid state ones and the other was my 1949
Crosby and I could really hear the difference. So I had my kid send me another
old radio for the bedroom. How soon we forgot about having to wait for the radio
to "warm" up :-)

Got to go, the Great Gildersleeve is on grin

See ya

Chuck S

Old February 22nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich Ahrens

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
If y'all ever make it to Bellingham, Washington, there's the American Museum of
Radio and Electricity. Basically, two ex-Microsofties who liked to collect old
electronics set up a museum. Absolutely great place if you like old technology
(and who doesn't :-).

http://www.amre.us/site/index.html

And if you ever make it to the Twin Cities, check out the Pavek Museum
of Broadcasting:

http://www.pavekmuseum.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavek_M...f_Broadcasting

Anyway, on one of my visits, they actually cranked up a Victrola for us.

I was floored. Not only was that beast LOUD, the quality was surprising good,
too. Oh, of course, not as good as something from the '50s or so, of course.
But for NO electronics, just a wiggling needle and a really, REALLY big horn, it
did pretty well.

Thought I saw BOb's initials scratched on the bottom... :-)

With the Bowie knife he bought directly from James Black, no doubt.

Check it out [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 November 30th 04 09:35 PM
Check this out! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 November 30th 04 12:58 AM
New Check Law Greg Butler Piloting 51 October 16th 04 12:18 AM
check it out berben2 Military Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:26 AM
check it out berben2 Naval Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:04 AM