P-51 Hitchhiker

Old July 26th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Woellhaf

Default P-51 Hitchhiker

The P-51 Mustang is a single seater, so if you want a ride in one, you have
to hold on tight! g

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P-51-Hitchhiker.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	14892
Old July 27th 07, 08:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in
:

Attachment decoded: P-51-Hitchhiker.jpg

Cool! I just saw 'DiamondBack' passing through AWO a couple weeks back.
You got a much nicer photograph...

Bob ^,,^
Old July 27th 07, 03:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in
:

The P-51 Mustang is a single seater, so if you want a ride in one, you
have to hold on tight! g

Attachment decoded: P-51-Hitchhiker.jpg
`

Chuck Yeager sez in his book, he carried a guy back from
Switzerland on his lap in his P-51.
had to fly with the canopy open. bet that was a COLD ride.
Old July 27th 07, 04:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Woellhaf

Thanks, Bob.

We were watching planes land on 18R at Oshkosh last Sunday (22 Jul 07) and
saw this P-51D land. He turned off at P-4 and stopped. We were amazed to see
his passenger step out! Four eyes are better than two, I'm sure, when it
comes to taxiing a plane with zero forward visibility.

Jon

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in
:

Attachment decoded: P-51-Hitchhiker.jpg

Cool! I just saw 'DiamondBack' passing through AWO a couple weeks back.
You got a much nicer photograph...

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P-51-Passenger-Exits.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	14964
Old July 28th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in
:

Thanks, Bob.

We were watching planes land on 18R at Oshkosh last Sunday (22 Jul 07)
and saw this P-51D land. He turned off at P-4 and stopped. We were
amazed to see his passenger step out! Four eyes are better than two,
I'm sure, when it comes to taxiing a plane with zero forward
visibility.

Jon

Worth noting, too, is that ~this~ P-51D has been modded to something much
closer to TP-51D status - much larger canopy to allow the GIB some noggin
room - he has a seat where fuel tanks and radio equipment used to live in
the Big'n, and taller fin to make up for the bigger bubble.

Bob ^,,^

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in
:

Attachment decoded: P-51-Hitchhiker.jpg

Cool! I just saw 'DiamondBack' passing through AWO a couple weeks
back. You got a much nicer photograph...

Bob ^,,^

begin 666 P-51-Passenger-Exits.jpg

Attachment decoded: P-51-Passenger-Exits.jpg
`
end