A final yenc thought.

Old July 17th 07, 05:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default A final yenc thought.

Bob wrote in news:0dio93pf4bte5r0fs63rkf0oml46bdg3ru@
4ax.com:

http://www.aerophotointernational.com/guide.htm

The musing of one of the better poster in this Ng are a nice guide but as
he states it not the law, just a set of suggestions foe behavior. Those who
flame others for posting in yenc or as your insulting posts about my
posting and that of others are just as much in violation of these
guidelines as the yEnc posters. So maybe We should examine our behaviors
before attacking that of others.
Old July 17th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Bob wrote in news:0dio93pf4bte5r0fs63rkf0oml46bdg3ru@
4ax.com:

http://www.aerophotointernational.com/guide.htm

Sor the previous post was not aimed at you but in part at those who try to
savage others. persons like russell, and Glen s Park
But I still feell that the guideline are more a suggestion than LAW

Again apologies for the misdirected words of mty earlier response I simply
misread the adress line in you post.
Old July 17th 07, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default A final yenc thought. - 1 attachment

Bob wrote in
:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:50:19 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

Bob wrote in
news:0dio93pf4bte5r0fs63rkf0oml46bdg3ru@ 4ax.com:

http://www.aerophotointernational.com/guide.htm

Sor the previous post was not aimed at you but in part at those who
try to savage others. persons like russell, and Glen s Park
But I still feell that the guideline are more a suggestion than LAW

There are no "LAWS" on Usenet. There are moderated newsgroups, but
that would be a total pain for someone or a small number of people to
look at every photo or comment before it was posted. The censorship
word and the free flow of information is no longer free but filtered.

There is something called Usenet etiquette though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Amateurs and professional photographers are nice enough to share their
photos with the internet world. "They" have decided that yenc is not
the way they want pictures posted. Photography is probably first and
foremost in their life so they figure KISS, keep it simple stupid, is
the way to go. Might not make sense to an outsider, but that is what
"they" prefer.

When yenc first appeared I was upset. Free Agent wouldn't handle them.
What is wrong with these stupid idiots! Then it became sort of a norm.
Now there are rar files. This is ridiculous. It was so much simpler
with Compuserve and Genie!

I am a professional Photgrapher and videographer Myself and I love all the
new tech and the options that they give I was one of the first to get the
new Adobe CS3 software and I use it everyday and as for this whole yenc
issue, if somewants to use to post fine, if not fine, but I can and will dl
yenc files if they are posted.
As I see it the biggest problem with yEnc is all the unnecessary flaming
that goes on over it's use. RAR and Zip files are fine for multiumedia
posts. Pics don't need to be compressed using them. As for the KISS
principle No-one(aside from Steve Jobs Or Bill Gates) ever said anything
with computers and digital technology would be simple.
My philosophy is poster should post as much "orginal" content as possible
and avoid needless repetes of tired old stuff unless by special request.

That being said Have anice day
Here one for you

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version