302 Problem

Old August 14th 04, 06:25 PM
Hal

Default 302 Problem

Has anyone had problems with the 302 transferring only part of a
flight. It reports finished after transferring 101 of xxx blocks. I
use Winpilot connected to the 302. I can't recall any problems during
thr flight.

Have not had this problem before and of course it happened on my first
sucessful 500k flight.
Old August 14th 04, 09:02 PM
Eric Greenwell

Hal wrote:
Has anyone had problems with the 302 transferring only part of a
flight. It reports finished after transferring 101 of xxx blocks. I
use Winpilot connected to the 302. I can't recall any problems during
thr flight.

Have not had this problem before and of course it happened on my first
sucessful 500k flight.

I assume you are using the latest Cambridge utility. Are you using a PC
or an Ipaq for the transfer? Try the other type, or try a different one
of the same type.

I've never had a problem downloading flights to my Aero 1530. Recently,
I began using an Ipaq 3835, which did have a problem one day, giving the
error message: "Can not get FAT". I assume that's the File Allocation
Table, and not a plea for more thermalling over a McDonald's... It had
run fine in the air, so I don't know what was going on.

Anyway, the next day the 3835 was able to download that day's flight,
the previous day's, and several others without any trouble.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old August 15th 04, 01:16 AM
Dan Dunkel

Since you use Winpilot, I infer that you are using a PDA to download the
flight with the Cambridge utility program. If the CF card does not have
room for the file, it will fail in the way that you describe. If this is
true, just delete one of the old flights in your CF card and try again.

-Dan

om...

Old August 15th 04, 02:50 AM
Roy Bourgeois

Funny - this happened to me for the first time today. I use the CAI Utility
program (3UT152353) The download "stalled" after 38 blocks of 145. I then
got a "com port in use" message - even though I had quit palm nav. Finally
solved the problem by hitting the handy "reset" button on the back of the
Compaq Aero (with all programs off) and then tried the utility program
again. Second try worked fine.

Don't worry about your 500km flight - it's 'In there' - you just need to
extricate it.
Congratulations, BTW

Roy

Old August 15th 04, 07:01 PM
Chuck Griffin

Roy Bourgeois wrote in message ...
Funny - this happened to me for the first time today. I use the CAI Utility
program (3UT152353) The download "stalled" after 38 blocks of 145. I then
got a "com port in use" message - even though I had quit palm nav. Finally
solved the problem by hitting the handy "reset" button on the back of the
Compaq Aero (with all programs off) and then tried the utility program
again. Second try worked fine.

Don't worry about your 500km flight - it's 'In there' - you just need to
extricate it.
Congratulations, BTW

Roy

Hal
I had a contest flight in Minden that I had the same problem with. It
stalled early and I was never able to get it out of the box using my
ipaq. I tried several other peoples ipaqs and that didn't work either.
No big deal as I was in last place. Never did get that flight out.
(I never got out of Hawthorne on that flight either. It was a day of
nevers)
Chuck (99)
Old August 15th 04, 09:26 PM
Eric Greenwell

Chuck Griffin wrote:
[...]

Did you try transferring it to a PC? Apparently, succeeding flights were
transferred without problems, correct?

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old August 16th 04, 03:08 AM
Eric Greenwell

Hal wrote:

I tried a few of the suggestions but no luck, it was Friday the 13th.
Tommorrow I will try doing it with the PC but I think it is some kind
of lapse in the 302. I had a nice flight and I will be happy with
that.

There is an option to download the entire memory, and then Cambridge
might be able to recover it from that. I suggest contacting them to see
if it's worth a try.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old August 16th 04, 04:18 AM
Chuck Griffin

Eric Greenwell wrote in message ...
Chuck Griffin wrote:
[...]

Yes that is correct, I have only had that problem on one occasion.
Since that time the flights have downloaded fine. I did not try with
a PC because I would have to take the 302 out of the ship and that is
too much work.
Chuck (99)
Old August 16th 04, 05:43 PM
Thomas F. Dixon

Had this same problem at the Ephrata contest. I use an AERO pda and
download the files to a chip. The chip was full. Had not removed a
flight in three years. Removed all my flights from 2001 and
everything worked fine.
Tom
Idaho

GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
A problem in the Military ? Nick Jade Military Aviation 54 March 15th 04 07:59 PM
Garmin fixes moving waypoint problem -- almost Jon Woellhaf Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 28th 03 05:29 PM
Problem: Ground Speed Estimate with Volkslogger and WinPilot RamyYanetz Soaring 3 August 26th 03 03:06 PM
Seat height problem Slav Inger Piloting 7 July 22nd 03 02:31 PM