John Charles Garabedian of Mooresville, NC -- Aircraft Thief

Old October 21st 18, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default John Charles Garabedian of Mooresville, NC -- Aircraft Thief

What are the details surrounding this ?
Old October 21st 18, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 11:09:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What are the details surrounding this ?

If you'll google Super Cub N271T, you'll see I announced buying this project in a Super Cub forum around 2006. I have spent close to $30K on it, sent the fuselage off for repair in a jig, and had it hangared at KFQD Rutherfordton, NC. In June of this year I went to the hangar and found the PA-18-105 Special and so many more things like my tools were gone, vanished. I called the local sheriff and a deputy who was an A&P showed up. He called Rosaly Donner McIntosh who I rented hangar space from and asked her if she knew what had happened to it, and she said, as I stood there listening, "I have no idea." She lied.

Photos of the project and John Garabedian's 34' thievery trailer showed up on EAA Chapter 309's website. The chapter's president, Jim Hall, gleefully announced a time when all the members should show up at their Gastonia hangar and look over the "gifts" he said were made by "a recent widow" (Rosaly McIntosh) who had just lost her husband. They were his projects, they said that she told them, and she donated them to ch.309.

Only her husband died in 2001 and left her with a white elephant known as a "transporter," a jerry-built experimental two place side-by-side assbuster with a nosewheel that nobody, including myself, wanted to put together. And yes, she became angry at me because I told her that trying to assemble that mess (but more diplomatically than I am phrasing it here) would be throwing good money after bad money.

So the men with the sticky fingers and their DNA all over this grand larceny a Russell Hyde (mechanic at KFQD); Randy Patterson, mgr. at KFQD; John Garabedian; Jim Hall, pres. of ch. 309; Holliday Olbrecht; and quite a few more scoundrels.

I now have the project registered in my name with the FAA. I am still trying to find out where it is, although I have talked to Garabedian, Olbrecht, and Jim Hall, all of whom promised to bring it to me in Weaverville... but have not.

The DA of Rutherford County, the sheriff, and FBI, and any other law enforcement agency I have talked to have all shied away like cowards from doing anything about this grand theft. The fuselage has a data plate on it, and I know that Garabedian, Olbrecht, and Hall saw and knew the N-number and could quickly and easily have found that what they took was not theirs to take and that they were stealing.

They could have made a 5-minute phone call and found out that Carl Roy McIntosh died in 2001, seventeen years ago, and that Rosaly McIntosh has a reputation for dishonesty, mail fraud, shoplifting, and thievery.
Old October 22nd 18, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Can you give me your phone number ?
Old October 22nd 18, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Can you give me your phone number

Review of John T. Lowry's "Performance Of Light Aircraft" [email protected] Home Built 1 March 26th 15 09:50 AM
Who is Charles Basiks user Home Built 0 October 30th 07 12:39 PM
ATTN: John Meyer, others interested in points John made about my photos Just Plane Noise[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 29th 07 01:27 AM
Charged plane thief indicted Laura Piloting 0 August 24th 04 02:45 AM
chicken thief Del Rawlins Home Built 3 April 3rd 04 03:20 AM