What it's all about.

Old February 5th 05, 09:39 PM
Roger Long

Default What it's all about.

This great picture was taken today (Saturday 5 February 2005) with
Mount Washington filling the windshield.

http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/Potwbig.htm

His first flight. It's been a long time coming.

--

Roger Long

Old February 5th 05, 11:39 PM
Jack Allison

Roger Long wrote:

His first flight. It's been a long time coming.

OK Roger, we need details here. Obviously, you made someone's day. Who
is your new copilot? Great picture!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow purchasing student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old February 5th 05, 11:47 PM
mindenpilot

"Roger Long" wrote in message
This great picture was taken today (Saturday 5 February 2005) with
Mount Washington filling the windshield.

http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/Potwbig.htm

His first flight. It's been a long time coming.

--

Roger Long

Boy, that just makes you smile!

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III

Old February 6th 05, 12:23 AM
Roger Long

That's my youngest son. His older brother went up last summer. It's
been a long time coming because their mother hates everything about
aviation and is scared to death of it. I've been flying since 1997
and she has never even seen the airplane!

--

Roger Long

"Jack Allison" wrote in
message ink.net...

Old February 6th 05, 12:32 AM
mindenpilot

"Roger Long" wrote in message
That's my youngest son. His older brother went up last summer. It's been
a long time coming because their mother hates everything about aviation
and is scared to death of it. I've been flying since 1997 and she has
never even seen the airplane!

--

Roger Long

Boy, hearing that makes me realize just how lucky I am.
Yesterday I took my 6 1/2 year old up.
She can do 360 degree steep turns almost by herself (she still doesn't pull
back enough).
Today, the wife, my 6 1/2, 4, and 1 1/2 year old, and I went on a short
cross country.
Everyone had a great time, except on the way back, the little one needed a
nap, and was fighting it.
It's a lot easier to fly when the better half is on board ;-)

Anyway, congratulations getting your sons flying! By the look on his face,
I'm sure he had a great time!

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III

Old February 6th 05, 12:34 AM
xeM

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:39:07 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

This great picture was taken today (Saturday 5 February 2005) with
Mount Washington filling the windshield.

http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/Potwbig.htm

His first flight. It's been a long time coming.

Hehe, Good shot. It looks like his fun meter is pegged out.
Tell him gratz for me.

Old February 6th 05, 12:53 AM
Dave

I just landed 2 hrs ago, With a dad & his 6yr old son.

Dad's 2nd, son's first. ( in a light plane, both flown
commercial before)

Took off before sunset found their house and son's school,
flew to a ski hill all lit up for night sking, back over the city
lights at dark, squeeked the night landing....

Whatta treat to live in a country(Canada) where we can do
this, making memoriable experiences for ourselves and others!

I'm really not sure WHO had the most fun..

Dave

Old February 6th 05, 01:58 AM
Casey Wilson

"Roger Long" wrote in message
That's my youngest son. His older brother went up last summer.

One thing that stands out to me, right after the open bug-catcher, is
that easy relaxed grip on the yoke. I've got a hunch there will be
competition for the right seat from now on.

Old February 6th 05, 03:47 AM
vincent p. norris

http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/Potwbig.htm

Roger, can you explain the "baldeagle" in that URL?

The reason I ask: Bald Eagle mountain is just a few miles from here,
in central PA, just north of UNV; it was named, we're told, after an
indian chief Bald Eagle.

Is there a similar story behid your baldeagle?

Thanks. vince norris