Happy New Year Everyone

Old December 31st 11, 12:34 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Default Happy New Year Everyone

Happy New year to all my fellow glider pilots. May the new year find you all getting it up and keeping it up....and of course I'm talking about your glider.

Walt
Old December 31st 11, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I live in the mountains about 20 miles west of Moriarty and sunrise this
morning greeted me with a sky full of lennies. Hangar doors are blocked
with snow, however...

Happy New Year to all!

Dan - 5J

--
Walt Connelly

Old December 31st 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Flat calm here in sunny Phoenix - nice day for a sled ride or a little
fuselage waxing...

No snow, though!

Happy New Year to all, and looking forward to flying with you next
year!

Kirk
66
Old January 1st 12, 12:14 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk.stant View Post
Flat calm here in sunny Phoenix - nice day for a sled ride or a little
fuselage waxing...

No snow, though!

Happy New Year to all, and looking forward to flying with you next
year!

Kirk
66
For the record, we are flying at Seminole Lake Glider Port.

Walt
Old January 1st 12, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Dec 31, 10:05*am, "kirk.stant" wrote:
Flat calm here in sunny Phoenix - nice day for a sled ride or a little
fuselage waxing...

No snow, though!

Happy New Year to all, and looking forward to flying with you next
year!

Kirk
66

I can confirm it was the same near Tucson. Never spent an afternoon
towing with the air so dead. Still I logged 4 hours in the air on New
Years Eve - don't know a better way to spend it

Andy (GY)
Old January 2nd 12, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Dec 31 2011, 5:09*pm, Andy wrote:
On Dec 31, 10:05*am, "kirk.stant" wrote:

Flat calm here in sunny Phoenix - nice day for a sled ride or a little
fuselage waxing...

No snow, though!

Happy New Year to all, and looking forward to flying with you next
year!

Kirk
66

I can confirm it was the same near Tucson. *Never spent an afternoon
towing with the air so dead. *Still I logged 4 hours in the air on New
Years Eve *- don't know a better way to spend it

Andy (GY)

New Years Day!
At least 20 flights in the club today, I had to leave early.
Some weak low altitude wave off the local ridge with north wind at
altitude.
Temps in the mid 60s, no snow, lots of bright sunshine.
Southern NV.

Old January 2nd 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty[_2_]

Flew both New Years eve and Day and flying today in Prescott. Warm both
days in the low 70's alittle windy on Sat less on Sunday longest flight was
36 minitues off a 1200' tow not bad for the last day in 2011. All told we
flew 20 flightson Saturday and close to the same on Sunday.

CH

At 03:45 02 January 2012, T wrote:
On Dec 31 2011, 5:09=A0pm, Andy wrote:
On Dec 31, 10:05=A0am, "kirk.stant" wrote:

Flat calm here in sunny Phoenix - nice day for a sled ride or a

little
fuselage waxing...

No snow, though!

Happy New Year to all, and looking forward to flying with you next
year!

Kirk
66

I can confirm it was the same near Tucson. =A0Never spent an afternoon
towing with the air so dead. =A0Still I logged 4 hours in the air on

New
Years Eve =A0- don't know a better way to spend it

Old January 2nd 12, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Dec 30 2011, 5:34*pm, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:
Happy New year to all my fellow glider pilots. *May the new year find
you all getting it up and keeping it up....and of course I'm talking
about your glider.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

NYD 18 winch launches in the G-103 and LS-4. Start of operations
delayed by breakfast;^)

Frank Whiteley
Colorado Soaring Association
Old January 3rd 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
Happy New year to all my fellow glider pilots. *May the new year find
you all getting it up and keeping it up....and of course I'm talking
about your glider.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

NYD 18 winch launches in the G-103 and LS-4. *Start of operations
delayed by breakfast;^)

Frank Whiteley
Colorado Soaring Association

Middletown, NY
15 New Years Eve
22 members flew 21 flights New Years day. 47 degrees and lift to 3000
ft.
Happy New Year to all
UH