Veterans Day

Old November 11th 03, 03:17 PM
T3

Default Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you all.

Old November 11th 03, 03:55 PM
George Z. Bush

Thank you. You can do one more thing for us veterans, if you would.
Please send a message to our President, our Senators, and our Congressman asking
them to deliver on all of the promises they made to us veterans when they were
running for office, including the ones that might cost the taxpayers some money.

George Z.

m...

Old November 11th 03, 05:03 PM
redc1c4

T3 wrote:

Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you all.

you forgot our Allies, who also celebrate this day for the same reasons.

redc1c4,
Thanks Guys!
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old November 11th 03, 07:00 PM
John Mullen

"redc1c4" wrote in message
T3 wrote:

Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we

can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you

all.

you forgot our Allies, who also celebrate this day for the same reasons.

redc1c4,
Thanks Guys!

In the UK it's known as Armistice Day. The date was chosen as the
anniversary of the Armistice that ended the fighting on the Western Front in
WW1.

John

Old November 11th 03, 07:12 PM
Alice

Hi,

Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you all.

The following site has gifts for your favorite veterans
http://www.military-supply.com/air-force-gifts.htm
Alice

Old November 11th 03, 07:40 PM
George Z. Bush

John Mullen wrote:
"redc1c4" wrote in message
T3 wrote:

Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you all.

you forgot our Allies, who also celebrate this day for the same reasons.

redc1c4,
Thanks Guys!

In the UK it's known as Armistice Day. The date was chosen as the
anniversary of the Armistice that ended the fighting on the Western Front in
WW1.

John

It used to be Armistice Day here too when I was growing up. But in 1954, it was
changed to Veterans Day in order to accommodate the millions of WWII veterans
and those of future wars who would have gotten no recognition from Armistice
Day.

George Z.

Old November 11th 03, 07:43 PM
redc1c4

John Mullen wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message
T3 wrote:

Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we

can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you

all.

you forgot our Allies, who also celebrate this day for the same reasons.

redc1c4,
Thanks Guys!

In the UK it's known as Armistice Day. The date was chosen as the
anniversary of the Armistice that ended the fighting on the Western Front in
WW1.

John

it used to be Armistice day here also, but as you well know,
we can't leave things alone.

redc1c4,
"on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month...."

Old November 11th 03, 07:51 PM
George Z. Bush

T3 wrote:
Happy Veterans Day to all of those who served this country(USA) so we can
enjoy our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness....May God Bless you all.

Thank you. You can do one more thing for us veterans, if you would.
Please send a message to our President, your Senators, and your Congressman
asking
them to deliver on all of the promises they made to us veterans when they were
running for office, including the ones that might cost the taxpayers some money.

Talk is cheap. They still need to do the hard things that show that they mean
it.

Old November 11th 03, 10:43 PM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:00:59 -0000, "John Mullen" wrote:

In the UK it's known as Armistice Day. The date was chosen as the
anniversary of the Armistice that ended the fighting on the Western Front in
WW1.

At 11:00 am on 11/11, which is why the Minute of Silence starts then.

I call it Armistice Day, too, because that's what it was called for
decades and it's how my parents and all the other adults I knew called
it. Ditto Decoration Day for Memorial Day, which was originally a day
to go decorate the graves of Civil War soldiers.

For the convenience of someone, maybe everyone (I don't know), the US
Congress decided to move all of the Federal Holidays except
Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day to the closest Monday,
giving us all three-day weekends. While this was going on, people
rose in protest and Independence Day stayed on the 4th of July and
Veterans Day stayed on 11/11, which seems only fitting to me.

Mary

Old November 11th 03, 10:44 PM
tscottme

Here are some inspiring stories of real bravery.
http://msnbc.com/news/991627.asp?0cl=c2

--

Scott
--------