Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 29th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

Default Global Warming It ALMOST DIED!

"Dan" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 7:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0

You just HAD to do it, dinchya?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CravingGod (The Great Global Warming Swindle -
parts 1-8)

Let's see Dan Luke's frantic spin :~)

Old March 30th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in message

"Dan" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 7:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0

You just HAD to do it, dinchya?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CravingGod (The Great Global Warming Swindle -
parts 1-8)

Let's see Dan Luke's frantic spin :~)

The Great Global Warming Swindle?

Haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw!

You already know it's a load of crap produced by a serial liar, Barrow; don't
pretend you don't.

Your memory can't be that short.

--
Dan

"Fiction was invented the day Jonah arrived home and told his wife
that he was three days late because he had been swallowed by a
whale." -Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Old March 30th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in news:1d6a9cfd-45b1-482a-818d-
:

On Mar 28, 7:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0

You just HAD to do it, dinchya?

grrrrrrrr

Sue me.

Bertie
Old March 30th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in
:

"Dan" wrote in message
> [...]

.
..
On Mar 28, 7:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0

You just HAD to do it, dinchya?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CravingGod (The Great Global Warming
Swindle - parts 1-8)

Let's see Dan Luke's frantic spin :~)

Oh, I seen some frantic spin alright.

Just flew over the alps... Wo sind der Schnee?

Bertie
Old March 30th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Dan" wrote in message

On Mar 28, 7:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0

You just HAD to do it, dinchya?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CravingGod (The Great Global Warming
Swindle - parts 1-8)

Let's see Dan Luke's frantic spin :~)

The Great Global Warming Swindle?

Haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw!

You already know it's a load of crap produced by a serial liar,
Barrow; don't pretend you don't.

he doesn't have to , he's lid to himself long enough to cbe adept at
convincng himself it's true.

Bertie
Old March 30th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0
@news.supernews.com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

The irony level is obviously screaming towards the stratosphere by

this
point. But here's what pushes it over the edge. Myers' guest, who
apparently was not recognized and who told this story this morning
was...Richard Dawkins!

Good stuff, eh?

It gets even funnier:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...m_to_misbehave.

hp

And in the bottomless pit that is idiocy, this will surely move their
cause along.

I loved the "How can you question Darwinism if you're so
intelligent?"

Any idea what the magic evil question is? I'm going to take a guess
and say it;'s something like" How can you be so sure he was right? "

Or some variation thereof.

It's the arguments from incredulity I can't stomach: The flagellum
argument. The vertebrate eye argument.

Feh.

And if they answer, they have more patience than I. I'd shoot
the******* as a demonstration after the 50,00th time it was asked.

Indeed.

What a waste of humanity's time these pricks are.

Honestly. I mean, the questions they ask are alidn, but when the
question is asked and shown to be based on a false premise or invalid in
some other way, it's no wgod rephrasing it 300 ways again and again and
again.
I think there are very few evolutionary, or envirnmental, scientists
that aren't open to these questions, but when they're asked to take
certain things on faith, or a desire to achieve a certain outcome, they
must just lose their patience. I would.

Bertie
Old March 30th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Dan" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 7:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13uqvbgfofppoa0

You just HAD to do it, dinchya?

grrrrrrrr

Sorry.

Didn't mean to stir you up, Dan.

Old March 30th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming
buttman

On Mar 7, 2:56*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Now, about the work "belief" I don't "believe" anything.

Thats because you don't know anything, fjukktjarjd
Old March 30th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

buttman wrote in news:1ccb1dce-98d5-4ecd-ae50-
:

On Mar 7, 2:56*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Now, about the work "belief" I don't "believe" anything.

Thats because you don't know anything, fjukktjarjd

Yeh, right.

Who exactly are you trying to convince of this, luser boi?

Bertie
Old April 5th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alan[_6_]

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:45:58 GMT

On 2008-03-14, Roger wrote:
If we all just practiced conservation there would be no need for new
power plants and we could eliminate the need for importing crude to
use in auto fuel. That part is simple math. Raising the fleet
average to 30 MPG would be far more than sufficient to make us
independent of foreign oil for fuel.

That's not conservation, that's deprivation.

Raising the fleet average to 30 MPG would require replacing a large portion
of the fleet with European-style econoboxes. Simple physics will tell you
that that's going to dramatically lower fleet safety, especially in light of
the massive numbers of large commercial trucks that would still be needed to
transport goods. (Getting rid of those would *really* wreck the economy in
short order.) There's also the minor matter of the mission profiles of many
folks, who a European econobox simply won't fit.

That is difficult to believe when simply replacing the gas engine in a
Jetta with diesel takes it from about 25 to about 40 mpg. That would take
a 19 mpg vehicle to over 30 mpg.

What to do about it? We must do something to stop consuming so much fuel
that we will go bankrupt buying it. More importantly, we must do something
to stop burning this valuable AIRPLANE FUEL on cars. We need it for the
airplanes.

And, isn't the SUV like driving a C-210 around when the Zodiac would do
the job?

It would also generate a booming market in hazmat remediation, as common
household accidents that would result in lamp breakage turn into major
environmental disasters...not to mention simply disposing of them when they
finally do burn out.

They also have other problems reported online -- often their failure mode is
nastier than simply burning out. Even so, if you punt on the common one ones
and get the ones with daylight color temperature, they really make much better
light. Too bad those are harder to find.

As for the electric car, let me once again use those two magic words:
"mission profile". I'll consider one when I can get one that will go 400
miles on a charge, while hauling four people and a substantial amount of
stuff, and recharge in 10 minutes so I can go 400 more. My current vehicle
will do that quite easily, and I bought it because I need that capability.

Do all of your trips need that? How many days do you go less than 80 to 100
miles in the day? If you had a car that did that, and was fully fueled every
morning (without stopping at the pumps), wouldn't that be useful?

Alan