XCSoar Forums ?

Old August 24th 12, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

Default XCSoar Forums ?

Anyone know the status of the XCSoar forums? Apparently still down. I miss the interesting discussions that took place there!

.... Aaron
Old August 24th 12, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

On Aug 24, 11:59*am, akiley wrote:
Anyone know the status of the XCSoar forums? *Apparently still down. *I miss the interesting discussions that took place there!

... Aaron

This one's still working, as of 20 seconds ago...
http://xcsoar.1045713.n5.nabble.com/...-f2645568.html
Old August 25th 12, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Grider Pirate wrote:
On Aug 24, 11:59*am, akiley wrote:
Anyone know the status of the XCSoar forums? *Apparently still down. *I miss the interesting discussions that took place there!

This one's still working, as of 20 seconds ago...
http://xcsoar.1045713.n5.nabble.com/...-f2645568.html

That's not the forum he means, it's a web mirror of the mailing list.

The forum is still down because nobody volunteered to set it up on the
new server. PHPBB (and anything else related to PHP) drives me crazy,
and not worth my own time.

Personally, I don't need a forum, the mailing list is just fine.

Max
Old August 25th 12, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

I think it is better to have just the mailing list than both the mailing list and the forum. Forums are harder to follow and having both a forum and a mailing list result in parallel discussions, redundancies and disconnects.
But I think many are not aware of the mailing list so perhaps it should be easier to find on the web site.

Ramy
Old August 25th 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

I think the problem is that many people are not aware of the mailinglist concept and how to properly use it. You are right that this creates certain redundancies, but so does our bug tracker. I think the advantage of offering an easy way to contact us/the xcsoar community is bigger than the disadvantage of possible redundancies. I'll try to revive the forum in the next days...
Old August 30th 12, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

akiley wrote:
Anyone know the status of the XCSoar forums? Apparently still down. I miss the interesting discussions that took place there!

XCSoar forum is back online as of today

http://forum.xcsoar.org/
Old August 30th 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

Thanks Max, much appreciated.

-karl

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:36:05 AM UTC-7, Max Kellermann wrote:

Anyone know the status of the XCSoar forums? Apparently still down. I miss the interesting discussions that took place there!

XCSoar forum is back online as of today

http://forum.xcsoar.org/

Someone using my name posting on forums Dudley Henriques[_2_] Owning 6 November 19th 08 04:07 AM
Someone using my name posting on forums Dudley Henriques[_2_] Piloting 15 November 18th 08 04:35 PM
Someone using my name posting on forums Dudley Henriques[_2_] Home Built 5 November 18th 08 01:26 AM
Other Forums Marco Leon Piloting 22 March 6th 07 07:10 PM
744 building forums [email protected] Simulators 1 July 6th 06 05:04 PM