Scouts have bumpy landing

Old March 23rd 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Alan Gerber

Default Scouts have bumpy landing

In rec.aviation.student Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote:
Whatever surface you land on, taxiing back to the hanger seems to be
difficult though.

I understand that it takes full power to taxi back afterwards.

.... Alan
--
Alan Gerber
PP-ASEL
Old March 23rd 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Peter Dohm

The pilot landed successfully without doing a lot of damage to the
airplane or hurting anyone. Saying he should have landed on the
pavement rather than the grass is rather ridiculous considering the
fine outcome of this emergency. Kudos to the pilot.

That sums it up. It really doesn't matter whether any of us might have done
it differently, since his choice worked successfully.

Old March 24th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip

On Mar 21, 9:26 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Tim writes:
Is there anything you don't know?

Many things, but I don't generally discuss things that I don't know,

Yes you do, you're discussing aviation and you don't undrstand thing
one about it, just a bunch of facts you've digested and are ****ting
out far from their original state (as is usually the case with ****)

Bertie

Old March 24th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CJ

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.130...
"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
Like you!

Although I am sure you have good intentions, regarding exposing Mx, if
you were to look at all of the posts from, and about his presence,
from him and others, I think you will find what you are trying to do
has been tried.

Not by me it hasn't...

I'm what ya might call "a little bit different"

Yeah, but in a good way.

I was a occasional poster on AAS when Ralphie disappeared to Florida (did
the T-bone fall off its pedastel yet?) and ADA/RAM when Tarver was sent
away. I miss them both.

Are you still persona non grata in New Zealand?

CJ (Not CJS)

Old March 24th 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Mxsmanic

Bertie the Bunyip writes:

Yes you do, you're discussing aviation and you don't undrstand thing
one about it, just a bunch of facts you've digested and are ****ting
out far from their original state (as is usually the case with ****)

Consistently exaggerating does not help you to be persuasive or credible.

Old March 24th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
mike regish

Low wing-definitely on the pavement, no matter what the gear situation.

High wing-grass or pavement with all gear up, if possible. Pavement with one
or more down.

That's my answer and I'm sticking with it.

mike

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message

The part that botheres me is that I can recall nothing in this thread, or
any link given, which actually stated the aircraft type or the position of
the undercarriage as known to the pilot. So there is reason to suppose
that
this entire debate occurred without most of the contributors having any
idea
what they were talking about. (Rant omitted)

BTW, a brief search, based on the pilot's name, determined that the
aircraft
was N-1068B, a Mooney M20A. The preliminary report stated that damage was
minor, there were no injuries, and the description was: "ACFT LANDED GEAR
UP, HONDO, TX."

Old March 24th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-03-19 14:55:04 -0700, "Robert M. Gary" said:

Its odd that BSA's site http://www.scouting.org/ doesn't mention
Explorers. I've not heard of them. Usually we try to get older boys
involved in Venture scouting to keep them interested.

-Robert

Explorers are essentially a separate organization now. They were once
the only Scouting program for older boys. However, the organizational
structure of Explorers made it vulnerable to legal assault by people
who do not like Scouting or its core values, so the Venture and Varsity
programs were developed instead.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old March 24th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-03-19 13:32:54 -0700, "Brad" said:

On Mar 19, 3:56 pm, wrote:

Wonder why the pilot chose to land on the grass instead of the hard,
smooth runway?

Probably trying to avoid all that foam in the middle of the runway.

Yeah, right. Only very large airports have the ability to foam the
runway. They probably wouldn't do it for a gear up landing in a
bugsmasher.