asymetric warfare

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 30th 03, 03:54 AM
IBM

Penta wrote in
:

[snip]

I know homing pigeons aren't, but I thought they weren't useful for
communications purposes?

They could be in some very limited circumstances.
Makes for a very lengthy OODA cycle though.
One has to wonder how robust the NKPA C3I systems
are. I suspect they probably have an extensive system
of buried land lines for the border region and my be
hoping that any resumption of the Korean police action
will be short and sharp. Effective resistance may depend
on being able to dodge the first spasm as the NKPA heads
south. Fortunately the relocation of forces necessary to
ensure this may now be politically palatable, at least to
the US.

One thing to remember about their artillery inventory.
Much of it is suspected to be buried in bunkers
and breakout tunnel positions. I suspect it won't
be all that vulnerable to counter battery on that
account. ROK/US assets will manage to get some of it but
even a target rich environment can be too much of a good
thing.

Ultimately though the only answer is to persuade the North
Korean leadership that they will be amongst the first
casualties if they choose to resume hostilities.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source